Flashing an ECU ROM to 'Study Settings'-'Replicate Approach'

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Flashing an ECU ROM to 'Study Settings'-'Replicate Approach'

Postby FastersBetter » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Traffic is low on this site. I'm not a programmer but I think that self-development <learning how to develop your wrx) will soon bring a flood of people to this site; I represent the technical layman.

I have a passion for my '05 WRX and I would like to learn how to program a 'map' by studying a map with my current set up.

I have stage 1 now and will have stage 2 by the end of this month.

Thoughts??
FastersBetter

Postby qoncept » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:48 am

Order yourself an openport, do some logging and dump your image so you can view it in Enginuity or ecuEdit. Cobb and a million other sites have pretty good tuning primers on their websites that'll give you a decent overview. I'd say read several of those, so you can pick up on what some guys miss and see it from different points of view. Maybe try to find a dyno to hang out at and see what people do. You can learn a lot.
qoncept

Postby FastersBetter » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:13 pm

I have ecuExplorer. So I am datalogging and studying the data... and reading. Maybe I'm asking a taboo question but I really just want to know if we can start our own database of maps to educate ourselves on a fast track basis. Let me know if you want more detail on what I'm asking but hopefully I'm shedding light on a subject that everyone :idea: is wondering about.
FastersBetter

Postby ev8siv3 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:36 pm

FastersBetter wrote:I have ecuExplorer. So I am datalogging and studying the data... and reading. Maybe I'm asking a taboo question but I really just want to know if we can start our own database of maps to educate ourselves on a fast track basis. Let me know if you want more detail on what I'm asking but hopefully I'm shedding light on a subject that everyone :idea: is wondering about.

Yes. http://www.osecuroms.org
ev8siv3

Return to Reflashing Software