HELP!! Ecuflash v1.32 doesn't work in Chinese/Japanese WinXP

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

HELP!! Ecuflash v1.32 doesn't work in Chinese/Japanese WinXP

Postby jkopinga » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 pm

I am using EcuFlash and Enginuity for quite some time already and have spread the word around in Taiwan. I have found more people who want to use it but have faced a problem with the first user which is my friend. All locals including my friend use traditional chinese WinXP. After I installed EcuFlash and I try to open a ROM file I always get the message "Error, see log for details" and when I check the log it says "Can't open image file" I never had this problem on my UK WinXP. I have even tried another computer of my friend which uses Japanese WinXP but the same things happen. I don't know what to do so I need your help!!
Best Regards,

Jasper Kopinga
Taiwan
jkopinga

Postby merchgod » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:15 am

I would try changing the number settings to match the U.S. settings in regional and language options (control panel). Especially if the decimal symbol is not "." in your country.

You can change just the number settings and not the rest of the stuff (like date and time) by selecting customize.
merchgod

Return to Reflashing Software