ECUFlash on linux

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash on linux

Postby gabedude » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:45 am

ECUFlash on linux?

So I have the FTDI drivers werkin with Enginuity for logging and editting. I need a flasher for linux. I don't really want to dual boot and the laptop prolly is not powerful enough to do vmware.

Will it work, is there a binary or source i can compile?

-Gabe
gabedude

Postby marky9074 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 am

Why dont you make yourself a bootable pre-installation environment CD?

I generally use BartPE, its very easy to configure, I am sure this would work for you, but ultimately does not answer your question.

If it is working on OSX it should work for Linux? It is ultimately the same hardware and a linux clone?
marky9074

Postby gabedude » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 am

marky9074 wrote:Why dont you make yourself a bootable pre-installation environment CD?

I generally use BartPE, its very easy to configure, I am sure this would work for you, but ultimately does not answer your question.

If it is working on OSX it should work for Linux? It is ultimately the same hardware and a linux clone?

Well, this laptop is from scavanged parts and has some issues:

The network cord is soldered directly to the mainbaord by me (don't ask why).
The CD Rom no worky, its freaking dead a long time ago.
It has a P4m 1.7Ghz with 256 megs of ram (and I don't have any more memory slots to fill as its filled with 2 128s now and those sticks are hard to find).
It doesn't like to turn on sometimes. You have to wiggle it a bit or just keep trying. So having it up and running and not havign to dual boot would be great.

I could dual boot with Win2k (and deal with the PITA power on button), but crap, that thing in no way will run XP.

Anyway, I wanted a dedicated tuning computer and I don't want to go out and spend 400-600 bucks on a laptop that will run winbloats ok when i have one ready to go that runs fast as snot on gentoo. It even runs enginuity faster than a Windows box with 1 gig of ram and a P4 2.8 Ghz.
gabedude

Postby gabedude » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:05 am

Ima try vmware and win2k. It should work ok. Hopefully. ;)
gabedude

Postby gabedude » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Nevermind, I am going to try and port the flash code that the enginuity developers have for them into a callable cross platform buildable C/C++ API or command line app. Maybe. I have not looked at the code yet.
gabedude

Postby Mart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:52 am

I could help you out developping/testing if you want.

martin.gingras@gmail.com

Mart

gabedude wrote:Nevermind, I am going to try and port the flash code that the enginuity developers have for them into a callable cross platform buildable C/C++ API or command line app. Maybe. I have not looked at the code yet.
Mart

Return to Reflashing Software