ECUFlash Bug with Removable Drives

Developer topics relating to software that reflashes or modifes ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECUFlash Bug with Removable Drives

Postby bpi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:42 pm

There is a bug in ECUFlash that causes the program to crash when you use a removable drive (e.g. USB stick) for reading and writing the ROM files.

When you start ECUFlash it's ok, but then when you click "Open" it gives you an error and crashes.

Note that this only happens when you previously saved a ROM to the removable drive, then clicked "Open" WITHOUT the removable drive plugged in.

I think the behaviour should be changed to select the C: if the last used drive (removable or not) could not be accessed.

B.
bpi

Postby ride5000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:51 am

i would NEVER directly use a flash drive for dumping or loading ecu images from ecuflash. this is waaaaay too sensitive a process to be screwing around with such a storage medium.

however, i do use one to MOVE roms from my laptop to my desktop and vice versa.
ride5000

Postby bpi » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:46 am

ride5000 wrote:however, i do use one to MOVE roms from my laptop to my desktop and vice versa.

As do I, but sometimes I will open a .hex file from the USB stick just for browsing, and this is where the error occurs.

It's just something small that can be fixed in a future version of ECUFlash that will contribute to ECUFlash being as reliable as it can be.
bpi

Return to Reflashing Software