OpenPort 2.0 Mac drivers, info?

Developer topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

OpenPort 2.0 Mac drivers, info?

Postby altaic » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Hello,
I just received my OpenPort 2.0 today; nice looking device. Anyhow, I understand Mac drivers are currently unavailable from tactrix. Does anyone know if there's a freely available driver from the chipset manufacturer, or is there more involved that I could help out with? I'm surprised that this info isn't published by tactrix, considering the OpenPort 1 was very developer friendly. I really want to make the most of this sweet little device, but information is lacking...
altaic

Postby Jon [in CT] » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:18 pm

As I understand it, the OpenPort 2.0 will be automatically recognized as a simple serial device when it is plugged to a computer's USB port (i.e., no cable-specific device driver is required, regardless of operating system). Your problem is that EcuFlash 1.37 and its attendant op20pt32.dll (J2534 interface) have not yet been ported to any non-Windows operating systems. I'm sure that port could be accomplished relatively quickly by outside contributors if the source were freely available, but I suspect that won't happen soon.
Jon [in CT]

Postby altaic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Indeed you are correct. I determined that it wasn't being detected due to the OP2 having a bent USB connector pin causing a loose connection (shipped to me this way) :?

It appears to work now that I've fixed the pin, but Tactrix needs some more quality control IMO. I could have damaged my ECM with a partial flash due to the loose connection.
altaic

!!

Postby edysdyno » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 pm

talking about the same issue... I recently acquire the new 2.0 cable and at first couldn't work with it, erasing and installing a couple of times I could work with it and nicely flash a wrx2004.... the funny thing is that once I turn off the laptop for battery reasons and start it again the cable didn't work again... I try to fix it by doing the same thing I did early but this time didn't work.... If there is something that I can do to fix this or is there is a way to fix the problem...? thanks.
edysdyno

Re: OpenPort 2.0 Mac drivers, info?

Postby foxdie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 am

Overdue bump!

I have a MBP and an OpenPort 2.0 cable, surely someones written a driver by now for the OP 2.0??
foxdie

Re: OpenPort 2.0 Mac drivers, info?

Postby radsdau » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm

foxdie wrote:Overdue bump!

I have a MBP and an OpenPort 2.0 cable, surely someones written a driver by now for the OP 2.0??

+1 !!!!!!!!
radsdau

Return to Interface Hardware