EVO X Logging woes, a little help would be nice

EVO X Logging woes, a little help would be nice

Postby hpd_wally » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Hello crew.

I have a 5557006 US EVO X, with mode 23 enables through a re-write of the ROM.

Running 1.43 beta with the updated firmware 1.10.3xxx something....

I am having issues with my op2.0 getting it to write the log files. It seems to create 12 line samples, all with the same data, and it makes around 11 other identical files.

I am certain I have prepped my hex file properly. Would anyone be willing to look at my log configuration to see if I have been mistaken on anything?

This being an open source project, could any actually describe how to setup the can packets to create the variable requests in evo mode 23 form? I work with CAN daily as a part of my job within the ALMS, and have enough hardware available to be able to debug the process. I still would rather log on CAN bus C with a wiring loom mod. No one seems to have any information on that packet structure and the scalings of the variables. I would assume messages are periodic at a faster rate.

We are used to logging rates of 100-1000Hz in the ALMS, and it would be nice to incorporate that. Is development with Beta software restricted to one person only? Is there room for more developers? I would love to help.

logcfg.txt
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 1115 times

log0012.csv
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 991 times
hpd_wally

Re: EVO X Logging woes, a little help would be nice

Postby ladams00 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey Wally, I'm the wrong person to respond to your question, but have to get off topic. :) I watched the Road America race today, please tell me you're not on the Muscle Milk LMP team. It was silly and heart breaking to see them and Patron Highcroft nearly run out of fuel in the last 8 minutes of the race!!

What do you think of that kick-drum exhaust on that Autocon LMP chassis? :mrgreen:
ladams00

Postby hpd_wally » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:52 am

The formula lmp oreca cars have the most ridiculous exhausts out of everyone, seriously looks like 2 magnaflo cans. People can sense when someone installs something in a pinch, on the cheap.

I've been with Honda, and the Acura LMS system for a while, but haven't worked an actual race in a while.

I think Cocker was the man, they have had it really hard in the GT2 days, and Drayson has put a lot of effort to get his P1 car up to speed and in fighting form. The Hungary LMS race was much better this weekend, our other P2 car took first overall <:
hpd_wally

Postby ladams00 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Man, Cocker fucked up good sending Luke Hines into that back straight barrier at Mosport this weekend. Who would have thought they'd just end the race because that guard rail was beyond repair! LOL :mrgreen: Good racing today. I thought Magnussen was going to punch out whoever was in that Dyson Mazda about half way through the race.
ladams00

Postby hpd_wally » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Yeah, I have done a few ride along laps @ Mosport, defiantly difficult over the blind 2 & 3. You really do not see your breaking points, or traffic, until over the crest.

Sadly I do not have cable, and had to listen to comped version of the second tier broadcast of Radio lemans (Hindy covered the Hurgary Race <:)

Still do not have my loggin working, to get back on schedule. Testing my over Methanol Pump Controller, and It would be nice for the thing to be able to pick up boost over a mode23 CAN call over the can diag bus.....

Do I have the wrong variable address's?
hpd_wally

Postby darknight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 am

I have the same problem exactly!!!! My log files are very similar to yours except that RPM is a static 2000.

I am running ECUFLASH 1.42.2595 and EVOSCAN 2.7 and the rom is 53040010 mode 23 enabled.

As hard as i tried i cant log on the PC or get the GPS Navigator stand alone screen to work.
darknight

Postby fostytou » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 am

darknight wrote:I have the same problem exactly!!!! My log files are very similar to yours except that RPM is a static 2000.

I am running ECUFLASH 1.42.2595 and EVOSCAN 2.7 and the rom is 53040010 mode 23 enabled.

As hard as i tried i cant log on the PC or get the GPS Navigator stand alone screen to work.

Try the beta in the first sticky for this forum. ECUFlash v1.43.3150 definitely works. I'll try to post my log file for you guys tonight. I'm having no problems, but logging mode23.

OP, I wasn't clear... are you trying to avoid logging in mode23? Was it for speed? I believe the MUT logging runs slower on both a PC and standalone, but it is more portable. I'd recommend picking up evoscan if you'd like an easy data analysis package and it will also allow you to see scalings and such.
fostytou

Postby fostytou » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 pm

fostytou wrote:
darknight wrote:I have the same problem exactly!!!! My log files are very similar to yours except that RPM is a static 2000.

Try the beta in the first sticky for this forum. ECUFlash v1.43.3150 definitely works. I'll try to post my log file for you guys tonight. I'm having no problems, but logging mode23.

OP, I wasn't clear... are you trying to avoid logging in mode23? Was it for speed? I believe the MUT logging runs slower on both a PC and standalone, but it is more portable. I'd recommend picking up evoscan if you'd like an easy data analysis package and it will also allow you to see scalings and such.

Here is my Solid, working mode23 logcfg with various start/stop options and extra logging parameters including AEM serial
http://thefrost.net/randomfiles/tuning/ ... logcfg.txt
fostytou

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta