MUT-II standalone logging problem

MUT-II standalone logging problem

Postby Gatecrasher » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 am

If this has already been addressed, I apologize. I didn't see it anywhere.

I'm trying to run the OP2 standalone on my 94 3000GT. It initializes and starts logging just fine, but eventually drops the connection after a few minutes of driving. It doesn't seem consistent as to when it drops. After it does, the yellow light flashes like it's trying to re-initialize, but it never does. If re-plug the OP2 while I'm driving along, it reconnects but eventually drops again. I've trimmed my log config down to about a dozen parameters, and it doesn't seem to be making a difference.

I've tested this using a spare bench ECU, and it logged 24 parameters for 2.5 hours without issue (and generated a 7.5MB log file). So the problem seems to be with the fact that it's on a live car. However, EvoScan doesn't seem to have any such problems. So I'm less inclined to believe it's some quirk of the older style ECUs. But I'm not ruling it out either. This behavior has been duplicated on a friend's car as well.

I know the OP2 was tested and developed with the newer cars in mind, so I'm open to the possibility the older ones may have some strangeness. What I really am looking for is some guidance in troubleshooting this issue. I'd like to get it working properly if possible.
Gatecrasher

Re: MUT-II standalone logging problem

Postby Gatecrasher » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 am

So this only works on 98+ cars and I should just give up on a feature of a device I paid $200 for?
Gatecrasher

Postby Ceddy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Don't have a definite answer. But one thing I've noticed is the Standalone Logging is a lot harder on the serial channel.

I've logged time per program loop with the ecu in a bench harness.
And Standalone was considerably slower then EvoScan.

Think Standalones faster requests bomb the serial interrupt to the point that the lower priority interrupts like serial comms get dropped.

Don't know if there is a way to change delay between requests or not.
Ceddy

Postby Gatecrasher » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 am

I understand there's a lot of variation in the cars, especially the older ones. I just wish Colby could throw us some kind of a bone so we could try to work it out for ourselves. Like you said, maybe add some kind of user specified delay to it or something. Or even just some way to diagnose why it won't re-init without replugging the OP2.

This was supposed to be OPEN ecu.
Gatecrasher

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta