Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Re: Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Postby fostytou » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am

ladams00 wrote:
fostytou wrote:Another feature request in addition to UEGO support:

Start file modified dates in the log with the time of the most recently saved file on the card. That we if we change our logcfg we have *some* reference point as to when a log was taken. You could also make it so that every time the unit is plugged it an autoexec.bat is run to save a hidden file with the current date/time.

Unfortunately, the OP2 has no Real Time Clock on board. Each time it is powered down, it has no way of maintaining time, and starts over next time it is powered up.

Right, but if you look at the last time logcfg or any most recent file was saved (file with the greatest access / modified time) then you should be able to extrapolate *some* reference point, though it might not be accurate, its alot more accurate than things are now.

Sorry if my first post wasn't clear.

-----
also, FYI it looks like build 1.43.3150 added UEGO logging support! Now I just need to find out how to build the cable...
fostytou

Postby fostytou » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:52 am

fostytou wrote:also, FYI it looks like build 1.43.3150 added UEGO logging support! Now I just need to find out how to build the cable...

Looks like my diagram was correct according to my mulimeter, but I couldn't confirm because the LC1 cable and my AEM cable are both female-side cables and I couldn't find one of the 20 gender benders I have

I'll try to build a cable when I get back from Deal's Gap this weekend.

fostytou

Postby ladams00 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

This thread is exactly 1 year old. Happy birthday Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta!

Now for some voodoo worship for K-Line speed patches :mrgreen: :twisted:
ladams00

Postby toflaherty » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm

fostytou wrote:also, FYI it looks like build 1.43.3150 added UEGO logging support! Now I just need to find out how to build the cable...

WOW! Can't believe I missed this, or that it wasn't a HUGE announcement! I downloaded the new ecuflash, wired in a 3/32" stereo plug to my OP2.0 and AEM UEGO, then added the 3 lines from the example logging setup for the AEM, and it worked the first try!

This is incredible, this was the one single thing requiring me to lug around a computer for logging anything that I needed WB02 data with. Now, no laptop required EVER except for changing logging configs! Amazing. Thanks guys for implementing this for us AEM UEGO users!
toflaherty

Postby mfb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks for aem uego support! Now I just need to get that cable connected. :-)

Btw what's with the checksum warning with romraider hex ? I had it checked but new ecuflash still has that error that its turned off.

Regards
mfb

Postby mfb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:02 am

toflaherty wrote:

WOW! Can't believe I missed this, or that it wasn't a HUGE announcement! I downloaded the new ecuflash, wired in a 3/32" stereo plug to my OP2.0 and AEM UEGO, then added the 3 lines from the example logging setup for the AEM, and it worked the first try!

This is incredible, this was the one single thing requiring me to lug around a computer for logging anything that I needed WB02 data with. Now, no laptop required EVER except for changing logging configs! Amazing. Thanks guys for implementing this for us AEM UEGO users!

Can you show me what I need to wire the uego to a 3/32 stero plug? Im not so handy with these things, haha

Ive used lc1 until it died on me. I havent had the chance to return it with rma to Felix. Tips on how to make aem uego last? LC1 just died prematurely on me.
mfb

Postby mfb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am

So if aem support is for kline only, logging open loop means not using can. But in lc1, we just opened a channel and it worked with can.

Is this LogCfg correct for Can channel and Uego? Want to know if I can log via can and log ascii (aem uego). Example in beta used kline.

Code: Select all
type = ssmcan

paramname = Engine_Speed(rpm)
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,0.25,*

paramname = IgnitionTotalTiming(deg)
paramid = 0x000011
databits = 8
scalingrpn = x,128,-,0.5,*

paramname = ThrottleOpeningAngle(%)
paramid = 0x000015
databits = 8
scalingrpn = x,.39215686,*

paramname = defogger_sw
paramid = 0x64
databits = 1
offsetbits = 5
isvisible = 0

type = ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,1,==
action = start

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,0,==
action = stop
mfb

Postby toflaherty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 am

mfb wrote:
toflaherty wrote:

Can you show me what I need to wire the uego to a 3/32 stero plug? Im not so handy with these things, haha

Ive used lc1 until it died on me. I havent had the chance to return it with rma to Felix. Tips on how to make aem uego last? LC1 just died prematurely on me.

The post above by fostytou explains it very well. I'm sure your LC1 controller is fine and just the sensor quit. Either way, I like the gauge with the UEGO, and now there is no disadvantage with it since it can work with standalone datalogging. The way these aftermarket wideband o2 controllers work, the sensor has a limited expected lifespan. That's just how it is.
toflaherty

Postby toflaherty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 am

mfb wrote:So if aem support is for kline only, logging open loop means not using can. But in lc1, we just opened a channel and it worked with can.

Is this LogCfg correct for Can channel and Uego? Want to know if I can log via can and log ascii (aem uego). Example in beta used kline.

type = ssmcan

paramname = Engine_Speed(rpm)
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,0.25,*

paramname = IgnitionTotalTiming(deg)
paramid = 0x000011
databits = 8
scalingrpn = x,128,-,0.5,*

paramname = ThrottleOpeningAngle(%)
paramid = 0x000015
databits = 8
scalingrpn = x,.39215686,*

paramname = defogger_sw
paramid = 0x64
databits = 1
offsetbits = 5
isvisible = 0

type = ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,1,==
action = start

conditionrpn = defogger_sw,0,==
action = stop

Don't see why this wouldn't work.. I use k-line since it's an 03 wrx, but i'm pretty sure the "type = ascii" is independent of the rest of the stuff, such as kline or can.
toflaherty

Postby mfb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks, will look into that.

Yep, its just a channel, glad you confirmed.

So the uego now displays on the gauge while you can log via tactrix? You cant really just leave this installed in the car as sensor only lives max up to 1 year of use right?

Regards
mfb

Postby fostytou » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 am

Interestingly enough, i built the cable to the diagram which matched an LC1 config for transmit, however I was only able to log 0's.

I have this same code in my config:
type = ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1

...but I am logging on mode23 on an evoX. If my diagram was correct I'll tidy up that cable so I can put everything away, but now I've gotta figure out why I'm not getting the proper ascii stream (which I would think would be independent of OBD logging mode).

Does anyone know how to define the variables that it says are defaulted in the example?
the default baud rate and setting are 9600,N,8,1. all of these can be changed for other scenarios
I'm wondering if specifying these (even though they are correct for the UEGO) will fix my problem.
fostytou

Postby mfb » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:20 am

My microsd card route is filled with log files. Im now at log 2797. If I insert tactrix 2.0 for the first time, I have to activate and deactivate defroster first (thats my switch for the logger) so tactrix initializes. Once the blue light is gone, I can now log normally. Not doing this on and off procedure will not make me log the first time and it will just hang.

This behavior has been observed even with the previous beta.
mfb

Postby gt-r_michel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:18 am

Hello Colby,

i´m a totally newbie in openecu and want ask you what kind of txt. data i need for standalone logging on my 03EDM WRX with the Rom ID:A4TE100G, Ecu ID: 2E44586005. I use the open port 2.0 Rev.C At the moment i´ll try to understand the whole openecu process and so i want some logging for learning. I Hope you can understand all because of my terribe school english. :oops:

best regards from Heidelberg
Michael
gt-r_michel

Postby Harlech » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Am I missing something or what? I have added the "paramname = inno.afr" to my LogCFG and all I get is 4's from my LC-1 when I log, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this and it is rather frustrating.
Harlech

Postby fostytou » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Harlech wrote:Am I missing something or what? I have added the "paramname = inno.afr" to my LogCFG and all I get is 4's from my LC-1 when I log, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this and it is rather frustrating.

Yeah, I'm still stuck with getting that to work on the UEGO and I don't know why. It would really be helpful. Firmware is up to date also. Maybe your problem is the same as mine....

I've quadruple checked the cable I built every way possible and it is still correct. I'm not sure if its a CAN problem or something else strange.
fostytou

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta