Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Re: Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Postby ladams00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Hey Colby, I had a chance to test out using the bitfield with offset triggers. It works very well. The added convenience is fricken dope :mrgreen:

Currently I'm using the blower switch as it remains on indefinitely or until I shut it off (vs the defogger's timed cut out).

cboles wrote:I have posted yet another version at the top of the thread. You will want to download that before trying this example, as it more efficient at requesting multiple bitfield items over SSM than previous firmware. Here is an example for triggering via the rear defogger switch: ...
ladams00

Postby mdedwar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi Colby,
I'm trying to use the scaling in the RomRaider logging.xml file to add some extended param but working out the scaling conversion is causing me grief.
eg: <ecuparam id="E85" name="Primary Open Loop Map Enrichment (2-byte)**"
<ecu id="4E42584007">
<address length="2">0xFF6C36</address>
</ecu>
<conversions>
<conversion units="estimated AFR" expr="14.7/(1+(x*.00003051758))" format="0.00" />
</conversions>

Any ideas on what the scaling values should be?

Cheers,
Matt.
PS: Great work! This is so much more convenient than lugging a laptop and cables around.
mdedwar

Postby cboles » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 am

I'll have a release out later today that supports general RPN expressions so that you can do equations like these. I'm just trying to add the high/low priority logging in the same version.

mdedwar wrote:Hi Colby,
I'm trying to use the scaling in the RomRaider logging.xml file to add some extended param but working out the scaling conversion is causing me grief.
<ecu id="4E42584007">
</ecu>
<conversions>
<conversion units="estimated AFR" expr="14.7/(1+(x*.00003051758))" format="0.00" />
</conversions>

Cheers,
Matt.
PS: Great work! This is so much more convenient than lugging a laptop and cables around.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby Tephra » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:12 am

awesome stuff!

thanks Colby!
Tephra

Postby mdedwar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:20 pm

cboles wrote:I'll have a release out later today that supports general RPN expressions so that you can do equations like these. I'm just trying to add the high/low priority logging in the same version.

mdedwar wrote:Hi Colby,
<ecu id="4E42584007">
</ecu>
<conversions>
</conversions>

Cheers,
Matt.

Excellent :D
mdedwar

Postby legaulois » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:07 am

How do I indicate that a value is float ?

Thank you
legaulois

Postby Gatecrasher » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 pm

I was all excited to try this out tonight, but things didn't go so well.

The car is a 94 Stealth (electrically identical to the 3000GT). I've never had an issue using my OP2 and EvoScan with MUTIII to log the car. I've tested it with multiple bench ECUs from multiple years of Mitsus (anything from 94 to 2003) and never had an issue with normal logging. I've also used Mitsulogger without issue.

I got a generic 2GB MicroSD card from my old cell phone, formatted it Fat16 and wrote a logcfg.txt file to it. When I tried it in my car, I had my start parameter for >500 rpm and my stop parameter for <400 rpm. I did this to test it and because at the moment, I want the logger to be running whenever the engine is.

I started the engine, the OP2 wrote out a logcfg.out (8k) to the card, and that's it.

I tried it with one of my bench ECUs with the sole change being to set it to trigger a start if the battery voltage was over 10v. My bench units usually show 11.6 or more. Still nothing.

I plugged in with my laptop and EvoScan and it fired up with no problem. The red and yellow lights flash rapidly. When it's just the OP2 with no cable or PC attached, all I get is the slow cycle of red to blue to yellow and back again. It does the same thing when connected to my car.

I've read through this thread several times and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

Here's a sample of my current log parameters.

Code: Select all
type=mut2

paramname=Battery
paramid=0x14
scale1=0.0733

trigparam=Battery
condition=gt
value=10.00
action=start

trigparam=Battery
condition=lt
value=5.00
action=stop

The only difference with my 'live' config was that the trigparam was RPM and the value was 500. Stop value was 400.

I've attached the entire log file for comparison. Let me know if there's anything else I can add or check or whatever. :)
Attachments
logcfg.txt
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 2659 times
Gatecrasher

Postby MattS00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 pm

The logger worked pretty well for me. I did have some hang ups. Someone who shall remain nameless named the file logcfg.txt.txt. It works a lot better as logcfg.txt. Some how I ended up with 758 logs for a short drive to the gas station and the store. Many of them were only two samples long. However, there were some logs that worked correctly and were over 5000 samples long.
MattS00

Postby deserted1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 am

Did it generate a .out file? thats like a log for the logging... it will tell you what went wrong... sounds like there is a config error.

Gatecrasher wrote:I was all excited to try this out tonight, but things didn't go so well.

The car is a 94 Stealth (electrically identical to the 3000GT). I've never had an issue using my OP2 and EvoScan with MUTIII to log the car. I've tested it with multiple bench ECUs from multiple years of Mitsus (anything from 94 to 2003) and never had an issue with normal logging. I've also used Mitsulogger without issue.

I got a generic 2GB MicroSD card from my old cell phone, formatted it Fat16 and wrote a logcfg.txt file to it. When I tried it in my car, I had my start parameter for >500 rpm and my stop parameter for <400 rpm. I did this to test it and because at the moment, I want the logger to be running whenever the engine is.

I started the engine, the OP2 wrote out a logcfg.out (8k) to the card, and that's it.

I tried it with one of my bench ECUs with the sole change being to set it to trigger a start if the battery voltage was over 10v. My bench units usually show 11.6 or more. Still nothing.

I plugged in with my laptop and EvoScan and it fired up with no problem. The red and yellow lights flash rapidly. When it's just the OP2 with no cable or PC attached, all I get is the slow cycle of red to blue to yellow and back again. It does the same thing when connected to my car.

I've read through this thread several times and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

type=mut2

paramname=Battery
paramid=0x14
scale1=0.0733

trigparam=Battery
condition=gt
value=10.00
action=start

trigparam=Battery
condition=lt
value=5.00
action=stop

The only difference with my 'live' config was that the trigparam was RPM and the value was 500. Stop value was 400.

I've attached the entire log file for comparison. Let me know if there's anything else I can add or check or whatever. :)
deserted1

Postby cboles » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 am

You might want to wait until later today when I can get a new version out. I have made a lot of improvements and bugfixes. One bug I found was that the triggers were working off of the *raw* data, not the scaled data, which is probably the source of your problem. Most of my triggers usually compare against zero (e.g. RPM > 0), so I didn't notice.

Colby

Gatecrasher wrote:I was all excited to try this out tonight, but things didn't go so well.

type=mut2

paramname=Battery
paramid=0x14
scale1=0.0733

trigparam=Battery
condition=gt
value=10.00
action=start

trigparam=Battery
condition=lt
value=5.00
action=stop

cboles
Site Admin

Postby Gatecrasher » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Triggering from the raw data is probably part of the problem, but I found the rest of it just now.

On the older cars, you need to ground pin 1 before you can successfully initialize the diagnostic mode. I manually grounded pin 1 on my bench ECU and the OP2 lit up like crazy and the card now has a log on it. I'm guessing you're testing on the newer ECUs where this isn't necessary? Apparently EvoScan does this by default.

I know a lot of the focus is on the newer cars with all the flashing capabilities and extra features. But this would be absolutely HUGE for even an older one like mine. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to accommodate this :)
Gatecrasher

Postby cboles » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I was aware of Pin 1, but it just didn't seem that any of the ECUs I tested need it, so I didn't do it. I know it makes some of the newer cars unhappy as well. I think the solution will be to add an option to logcfg.txt that allow you to ground or set voltages on any of the GPIO pins, since I don't think we always want to do this for every MUT compatible car.

Gatecrasher wrote:Triggering from the raw data is probably part of the problem, but I found the rest of it just now.

On the older cars, you need to ground pin 1 before you can successfully initialize the diagnostic mode. I manually grounded pin 1 on my bench ECU and the OP2 lit up like crazy and the card now has a log on it. I'm guessing you're testing on the newer ECUs where this isn't necessary? Apparently EvoScan does this by default.

I know a lot of the focus is on the newer cars with all the flashing capabilities and extra features. But this would be absolutely HUGE for even an older one like mine. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to accommodate this :)
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Sorry it is taking a while to get this new version out... I'm changing a lot of things so there is lots to test. The good news is that it supports equations (for parameters and triggers), calculated (derived) parameters, sampling priority, better communications error recovery, and more.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby Tephra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:43 pm

coolo :)

thanks for all the hard work!
Tephra

Postby Gatecrasher » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:45 pm

If I get desperate enough I'll just go into my ECU code and disable the pin 1 check. :lol: I'm just glad you're giving us options. Especially for the older and less well supported cars.

On that note, would it be possible to add a config parameter to support custom baud rates? Consider it an item on the wish list for now :)
Gatecrasher

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta