Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Reproducible Hang with OP2

Postby mfb » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Colby,

I couldnt log via CAN anymore so I moved all 645 logged csv files to an archived folder I made in the root directory of the card. With just log0646 in the root directory with the logcfg file (see attached), I can consistently get the blue led hanging. After 3 to 4 reinsert and insert cycles with me pressing the defroster switch, I get to see the blue led blink indicating Im now logging via CAN. There are about 6 to 8 files made when there should be just 1 after log0646.csv

Please try and put my log0646 file in your cards root directory and use the logcfg file I have attached. Hope you can replicate my experience. My card is not empty, it has other folders in the root and other files as well.
Attachments
LogCfg.txt
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 797 times
log0646.csv
(88.73 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
mfb

Re: Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Postby volik8 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:34 am

WILL WORK With ECU HITACHI?
VERSION EcuFlash 1.43
volik8

Postby xPRimNT » Mon May 10, 2010 2:13 am

Hi Colby,

I would REALLY love to try to get the 2.5mm input working for "other" serial devices, specifically the AEM UEGO serial output. Is there any chance I could test anything about the serial output that would allow this to be implemented? I already have my wideband logging with the standalone logger via a tap into the ECU, but for other people and increasing the options available, I'd be happy to test some things out...
xPRimNT

Postby mfb » Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Colby any update for sd card logging? Have you replicated the hanging issue? It happened again a while ago. It seems it only happens more with 23 logged parameters. Lower than that I dont have any issues.
mfb

Postby mfb » Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 am

My car is now consistently having a blue light upon first insert in the car. To get this work for logging, I press the defroster button 16 times on a steady constant pace. When I get to 15 I slow down a bit and as soon as I press 16, blue light is gone. First press after that makes OP2 log already. This works 100% of the time. If I press below or above the 16 counts, I have to remove op2 then reinsert again.

Log number is now at 1000 up.
mfb

Postby cboles » Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 pm

mfb wrote:Colby any update for sd card logging? Have you replicated the hanging issue? It happened again a while ago. It seems it only happens more with 23 logged parameters. Lower than that I dont have any issues.

I have found and fixed one issue (not released yet) - there was a *second* problem with the header (or any other line/write) exceeding 512 bytes. This caused a buffer overrun which could manifest in a number of problems if you were just a little over 512 in your header line. Let me get that version out and you can see if it solves some problems.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

xPRimNT wrote:Hi Colby,

I would REALLY love to try to get the 2.5mm input working for "other" serial devices, specifically the AEM UEGO serial output. Is there any chance I could test anything about the serial output that would allow this to be implemented? I already have my wideband logging with the standalone logger via a tap into the ECU, but for other people and increasing the options available, I'd be happy to test some things out...

It looks to be RS-232, output only, so I should be able to get it to work. Do you have any info on the serial format? Do you have one I can borrow, or do you know if the gauge only version still has the RS-232 (it appears to be cheaper)?

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

volik8 wrote:WILL WORK With ECU HITACHI?
VERSION EcuFlash 1.43

Huh? Can you be more specific about the vehicle you are referring to?
cboles
Site Admin

Postby mfb » Fri May 21, 2010 7:53 pm

cboles wrote:
mfb wrote:Colby any update for sd card logging? Have you replicated the hanging issue? It happened again a while ago. It seems it only happens more with 23 logged parameters. Lower than that I dont have any issues.

I have found and fixed one issue (not released yet) - there was a *second* problem with the header (or any other line/write) exceeding 512 bytes. This caused a buffer overrun which could manifest in a number of problems if you were just a little over 512 in your header line. Let me get that version out and you can see if it solves some problems.

Ok, will want to try this out as soon as its out. In the meantime, I should just trim my headings then. Currently how many characters do I target so I wont have this overflow bug?
mfb

Postby cboles » Sat May 22, 2010 5:42 am

< 512.

mfb wrote:
cboles wrote:

Ok, will want to try this out as soon as its out. In the meantime, I should just trim my headings then. Currently how many characters do I target so I wont have this overflow bug?
cboles
Site Admin

Postby volik8 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:32 am

[Цитата = "cboles"] [цитата = "volik8"] будет работать с ЭБУ HITACHI?
ВЕРСИЯ EcuFlash 1,43 [/] цитатой

А? Можете ли вы быть более конкретную информацию о транспортном средстве вы имеете в виду? [/] Цитатой
Forester 2006. 2.0l . EDM
Legacy 2007.2.0l. EDM
volik8

Postby I Wish » Sun May 23, 2010 12:04 am

Can someone possibly edit my logcfg.txt file to log the following parameters required by my tuner?

A/F Sensor #1 (AFR)
A/F Sensor #2 (AFR)
Engine Load (Calculated) (g/rev)
Engine Speed (rpm)
Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)
Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)
IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)
Ignition Base Timing* (degrees)
Intake Air Temperature (C)
Intake VVT Advance Angle Left (degrees)
Intake VVT Advance Angle Right (degrees)
Knock Correction Advance (IAM only)* (degrees)
Mass Airflow (g/s)
Throttle Opening Angle (%)
Vehicle Speed (kph)

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
logcfg.txt
(6.11 KiB) Downloaded 757 times
I Wish

Postby xPRimNT » Sun May 23, 2010 3:25 pm

cboles wrote:
It looks to be RS-232, output only, so I should be able to get it to work. Do you have any info on the serial format? Do you have one I can borrow, or do you know if the gauge only version still has the RS-232 (it appears to be cheaper)?

Colby

I don't have any information on it, but if you tell me what I could do to capture it, etc., I don't mind doing it. Unfortunately, mine is pretty integrated into the car right now, it would be a bit of work to remove it.

Both the Gauge Included and Inline (No Gauge) UEGO seem to have the same connections, so I imagine they are similar.

This is the data from the Manual:
Code: Select all
Serial Output (optional)
The serial output can be used for data logging when an EFI system is not accessible. To run the data stream, a RS-232 (DB-9) Female Receptacle shall be purchased.

Two wires need to be connected to a RS-232 serial port. The BLUE wire from the AEM UEGO Gauge shall be connected to Pin #2 (RX) on the serial port for receiving data. Pin # 5 (GND) on the serial port shall be grounded. If a standard 9-pin serial cable is to be cut instead, the (RX) wire is typically RED and the (GND) wire is typically GREEN. However, this should be confirmed with a continuity tester before attempting.

Use HyperTerminal for testing the data stream. This software is found on most PCs. To find HyperTerminal go to: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Communications | HyperTerminal.

Name the New Connection and click OK. Set the COM port to the one being used and click OK.
Bits Per Second = 9600 Data Bits = 8 Parity = None Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = Hardware
xPRimNT

Postby mfb » Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi Colby,

I just edited the paramname to ensure I go below 512 for the header.

storage info ---
log channels: 4
log parameters: 42
log stringlist: 450 chars
log floatlist: 22 floats
worst case ssm request is 122 bytes long, response 96 bytes long and will be sent every 50000us (42571us is fastest possible)
logging interval will be 50000us

Logging speed as I checked in excel is 20 samples per second. This was working fine but I did encounter a log that just freezed. Also, is there a workaround to the auto off for the defroster button. Logs are limited to around 3.6 mb because of this.
Attachments
LogCfg.txt
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 794 times
mfb

Postby cboles » Mon May 24, 2010 4:00 pm

volik8 wrote:[Цитата = "cboles"] [цитата = "volik8"] будет работать с ЭБУ HITACHI?
ВЕРСИЯ EcuFlash 1,43 [/] цитатой

А? Можете ли вы быть более конкретную информацию о транспортном средстве вы имеете в виду? [/] Цитатой
Forester 2006. 2.0l . EDM
Legacy 2007.2.0l. EDM

Those should work... This isn't really the right thread for this though...

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta