Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Re: Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Postby LM_logger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 am

cboles wrote:Accommodating the the additional protocol shouldn't be too bad, but what I need to test is if by allowing those two bitfields to be in either state I lose most of the natural ability of the system to synchronize to the first word in the stream. Does EvoScan require you to select LM-1/LC-1 or does it auto-detect? I'm hoping that auto-detection will work.

Sounds good :lol:

If I remember correctly (not near car at present) it had preselected the LM-1 for the external wideband as it worked without changing anything. Whether that is its natural state/original choice or auto-detect I'm not sure, but I'll check later on and let you know for sure, someone might beat to it tho :) I'll get back to you soon if no-one else has.

Cheers.
LM_logger

Postby notjcb » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am

Hi, I installed this beta so I could get some logs during autocross without a laptop.
Now I want to flash my car with an XPT stage 1 map.
Do you recommend that I revert to the latest non-beta release of openecu for the reflash just to be safe or is this beta relatively stable?
Somebody told me that it is not possible to revert the firmware, is that true?
Also, it looked to me like when I did a read and pulled the rom off of my car it reset the ECU, is that normal? (the car turned over for a while before starting the next time and my IAM was set to .5 after the read)
notjcb

Postby cboles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm

The EcuFlash flashing is stable, and unchanged. I have been using the new driver and firmware for many months with no problems. In fact, compared to the MS driver that used to be used, things are more stable. I don't know what car you have, but in general the reflash and even reading process involves loading a program into RAM called a kernel which tramples over what was in RAM previously, which includes things such as learned maps and the like. This means the ECU must do a full reset and initialization of the RAM the next time the car is started up.

Colby

notjcb wrote:Hi, I installed this beta so I could get some logs during autocross without a laptop.
Now I want to flash my car with an XPT stage 1 map.
Do you recommend that I revert to the latest non-beta release of openecu for the reflash just to be safe or is this beta relatively stable?
Somebody told me that it is not possible to revert the firmware, is that true?
Also, it looked to me like when I did a read and pulled the rom off of my car it reset the ECU, is that normal? (the car turned over for a while before starting the next time and my IAM was set to .5 after the read)
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Unpack this program somewhere, plug in your OP2 and LM-1, and run it at the command line and send me the output:
innomts.rar
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
cboles
Site Admin

Postby LM_logger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Cheers Colby :wink:

Will get a chance to do that later and will get back to you.

Thanks
LM_logger

Postby mfb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 am

Colby,

I defined the rpm parameter

paramname = RPM
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,0.25,*

and

paramname = IPW
paramid = 0xFF784C
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x,.001,*
isvisible = 0

I made IPW hidden. Using the calculated parameter below for IDC, I get a 0 value. Is it because one is hidden and the other is not?

type = calc
paramname = IDC%
scalingrpn = RPM,IPW,*,0.0008333333,*
mfb

Postby LM_logger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:06 am

Colby,

I was using Ecuflash beta 1.42.2720 and had the licencing update done.
Checked Evoscan and its not automatic selection. User has to choose.
Evoscan and logging to the SD card working as before, just the Openport not writing the correct values in logfile, evoscan reading same as LM-1

Ran that program of yours and nothing..absolutely zilch output.
Nothing on logfile either, not even a logcfg.out
Though it might be as I wasn't using latest beta so uninstalled all Ecuflash versions and associated drivers
Installed Ecuflash beta 1.43.3000
Tried to do a licence update, came up that it was unable to connect to openport 2.0.
rolled back to previous 1.42.2720 and i'm getting the same message

When connect to car and LM-1 nothing at all not even a logcfg.out is being written.
Just going to try evoscan again but I doubt it will work now either.

What has happened?

Edited to note: Still working as before in Evoscan ie fine
Edited again, must have been a residual driver somewhere, cleaned the lot and have it updated to 1.43.3000. Going to try again
LM_logger

Postby cboles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 am

One thing you need to watch out for is that when the firmware update process starts, it reboots the OP2 into a different mode that makes it look like another device. When it does this, you may get some additional driver installation messages that you have to go through before the updater can connect to the device. Basically, the updater will stall until it can connect to the device via the driver.

LM_logger wrote:Colby,

I was using Ecuflash beta 1.42.2720 and had the licencing update done.
Checked Evoscan and its not automatic selection. User has to choose.
Evoscan and logging to the SD card working as before, just the Openport not writing the correct values in logfile, evoscan reading same as LM-1

Ran that program of yours and nothing..absolutely zilch output.
Nothing on logfile either, not even a logcfg.out
Though it might be as I wasn't using latest beta so uninstalled all Ecuflash versions and associated drivers
Installed Ecuflash beta 1.43.3000
Tried to do a licence update, came up that it was unable to connect to openport 2.0.
rolled back to previous 1.42.2720 and i'm getting the same message

When connect to car and LM-1 nothing at all not even a logcfg.out is being written.
Just going to try evoscan again but I doubt it will work now either.

What has happened?

Edited to note: Still working as before in Evoscan ie fine
Edited again, must have been a residual driver somewhere, cleaned the lot and have it updated to 1.43.3000. Going to try again
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 am

I'll have to see what is going on. The isvisible should only control what is written to the log - otherwise it is the same as any parameter. Have you turned it visible and verified that it isn't 0 anyway, perhaps due to an incorrect RAM address?

mfb wrote:Colby,

paramname = RPM
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,0.25,*

and

paramname = IPW
paramid = 0xFF784C
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x,.001,*
isvisible = 0

I made IPW hidden. Using the calculated parameter below for IDC, I get a 0 value. Is it because one is hidden and the other is not?

type = calc
paramname = IDC%
cboles
Site Admin

Postby LM_logger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am

The firmware update went fine. 1.43.3000 used:

Your innomts app run on commandline and still no output. no logs either and I updated the config for inno as per subaru k-line adc lc1.txt.

Tried evoscan (2.6 and 2.7beta5) with it and it won't recognise the Openport 2.0, just keeps saying to replug the cable and retry, do so but nothing changes.

Ecuflash operates the Openport 2.0 ok ie a read from ecu but everything else is a no go.
I've lost all functionality that I did have.

:cry:
LM_logger

Postby cboles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 am

logging: what does your logcfg.out say?
evoscan: i know you need one of the newer versions, and also remove any op20pt32.dll files it has in its local directories
innomts: are you sure you have the LM-1 connected correctly to the OP2 (e.g. serial out)? you won't see anything otherwise

LM_logger wrote:The firmware update went fine. 1.43.3000 used:

Your innomts app run on commandline and still no output. no logs either and I updated the config for inno as per subaru k-line adc lc1.txt.

Tried evoscan (2.6 and 2.7beta5) with it and it won't recognise the Openport 2.0, just keeps saying to replug the cable and retry, do so but nothing changes.

Ecuflash operates the Openport 2.0 ok ie a read from ecu but everything else is a no go.

cboles
Site Admin

Postby LM_logger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 pm

logging: files attached.

evoscan: tried removing the .dll but it just reloads on next execution. Is there a newer version than the 2.7 beat5? How do i get it? How do I stop it reloading/writing the .dll?

innomts: last run there, it couldn't find a device. To be honest I think I've cable problems, its too sporadic to be a config error and all seems ok with the openport. The smaller end of cable is a bit loose and I'm thinking its creating a loose connection. Will be getting another cable tomorrow. Can you advise on the right thing to get? USB to 5pin USB? its not mini USB?

Cheers Colby, hopefully when I rule the cable out, it'll become clearer. Thanks for your time.

:)
logcfg.txt
(177 Bytes) Downloaded 697 times

logcfg.out.txt
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 720 times

cboles wrote:logging: what does your logcfg.out say?
evoscan: i know you need one of the newer versions, and also remove any op20pt32.dll files it has in its local directories
innomts: are you sure you have the LM-1 connected correctly to the OP2 (e.g. serial out)? you won't see anything otherwise

LM_logger

Postby cboles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm

if you see the cable in device manager under "vehicle interfaces" without any trouble icons, it should be OK. where is this copy of the J2534 DLL you are trying to get rid of? I am referring to ones in places other than the windows system directories, such as the evoscan exe directory.

LM_logger wrote:logging: files attached.

evoscan: tried removing the .dll but it just reloads on next execution. Is there a newer version than the 2.7 beat5? How do i get it? How do I stop it reloading/writing the .dll?

innomts: last run there, it couldn't find a device. To be honest I think I've cable problems, its too sporadic to be a config error and all seems ok with the openport. The smaller end of cable is a bit loose and I'm thinking its creating a loose connection. Will be getting another cable tomorrow. Can you advise on the right thing to get? USB to 5pin USB? its not mini USB?

Cheers Colby, hopefully when I rule the cable out, it'll become clearer. Thanks for your time.

:)
logcfg.txt

logcfg.out.txt

cboles wrote:logging: what does your logcfg.out say?

cboles
Site Admin

Postby mfb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm

I got it to work. :-) I put in 2 type=calc for the 2 computed parameters when I should just have left one.

As for sampling rate, set up of: 12 parameters normal, 4 parameters sampgroup 1 and one external gets me 40 samples per second as per the .csv file.

For my other set up with 15 parameters normal, 4 parameter sampgroup 1, 3 parameters hidden, 2 computed parameter and one external for a total of 25 gets me 25 samples per second.

So all those not in sampgroup will log at the rates I observed?

cboles wrote:I'll have to see what is going on. The isvisible should only control what is written to the log - otherwise it is the same as any parameter. Have you turned it visible and verified that it isn't 0 anyway, perhaps due to an incorrect RAM address?

mfb wrote:Colby,

paramname = RPM
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,0.25,*

and

paramname = IPW
paramid = 0xFF784C
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x,.001,*
isvisible = 0

type = calc
paramname = IDC%
mfb

Postby cboles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes. I may eventually make it log a bit faster too. The timing is somewhat conservative because I found that the ECU would occasionally not respond if you tried to go faster, so I picked a timing formula where I never saw any dropouts. If the ECU doesn't respond, the OP2 just uses the previous value, so it's not a big deal.

mfb wrote:I got it to work. :-)
So all those not in sampgroup will log at the rates I observed?
cboles
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta