Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Re: Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta

Postby cboles » Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm

My solution is to not use the defroster button :)

Or at least not for long.

I don't know what scenarios you are trying to log, but I find logging during near WOT to be a pretty good criteria for me. I actually log all of the time, but use WOT to decide when to create a new file. So I get these small files with WOT data, and other big ones for the more mundane stuff.

I just pulled my engine yesterday, so honestly, I'm not logging much at the moment...

I'm still no sure what is going on with your freeze-ups. Is anyone else having this problem? That would be a useful data point...

mfb wrote:Hi Colby,

I just edited the paramname to ensure I go below 512 for the header.

storage info ---
log channels: 4
log parameters: 42
log stringlist: 450 chars
log floatlist: 22 floats
worst case ssm request is 122 bytes long, response 96 bytes long and will be sent every 50000us (42571us is fastest possible)
logging interval will be 50000us

Logging speed as I checked in excel is 20 samples per second. This was working fine but I did encounter a log that just freezed. Also, is there a workaround to the auto off for the defroster button. Logs are limited to around 3.6 mb because of this.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 pm

It sounds like it produces a human-readable ASCII stream via RS-232. Have you tried connecting it to your laptop and viewing / saving the data in hyperterminal? If you can do that, I can probably get it working without buying one...

Colby

xPRimNT wrote:
cboles wrote:
It looks to be RS-232, output only, so I should be able to get it to work. Do you have any info on the serial format? Do you have one I can borrow, or do you know if the gauge only version still has the RS-232 (it appears to be cheaper)?

Colby

I don't have any information on it, but if you tell me what I could do to capture it, etc., I don't mind doing it. Unfortunately, mine is pretty integrated into the car right now, it would be a bit of work to remove it.

Both the Gauge Included and Inline (No Gauge) UEGO seem to have the same connections, so I imagine they are similar.

This is the data from the Manual:
Code: Select all
Serial Output (optional)
The serial output can be used for data logging when an EFI system is not accessible. To run the data stream, a RS-232 (DB-9) Female Receptacle shall be purchased.

Two wires need to be connected to a RS-232 serial port. The BLUE wire from the AEM UEGO Gauge shall be connected to Pin #2 (RX) on the serial port for receiving data. Pin # 5 (GND) on the serial port shall be grounded. If a standard 9-pin serial cable is to be cut instead, the (RX) wire is typically RED and the (GND) wire is typically GREEN. However, this should be confirmed with a continuity tester before attempting.

Use HyperTerminal for testing the data stream. This software is found on most PCs. To find HyperTerminal go to: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Communications | HyperTerminal.

Name the New Connection and click OK. Set the COM port to the one being used and click OK.
Bits Per Second = 9600 Data Bits = 8 Parity = None Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = Hardware
cboles
Site Admin

Postby cboles » Mon May 24, 2010 10:38 pm

looks like the image just below the text you attached in that pdf answers this question:

aem uego.png
aem uego.png (89.24 KiB) Viewed 19662 times

this should be pretty easy. the only thing i don't know is if this can change between AFR and lambda. The PDF seems to suggest that:

Verify the settings above and click OK. When power is supplied to the AEM UEGO
Gauge, AFR (or Lambda) data will be displayed, as shown below.

cboles wrote:It sounds like it produces a human-readable ASCII stream via RS-232. Have you tried connecting it to your laptop and viewing / saving the data in hyperterminal? If you can do that, I can probably get it working without buying one...

Colby

xPRimNT wrote:
cboles wrote:
It looks to be RS-232, output only, so I should be able to get it to work. Do you have any info on the serial format? Do you have one I can borrow, or do you know if the gauge only version still has the RS-232 (it appears to be cheaper)?

Colby

I don't have any information on it, but if you tell me what I could do to capture it, etc., I don't mind doing it. Unfortunately, mine is pretty integrated into the car right now, it would be a bit of work to remove it.

Both the Gauge Included and Inline (No Gauge) UEGO seem to have the same connections, so I imagine they are similar.

This is the data from the Manual:
Serial Output (optional)
The serial output can be used for data logging when an EFI system is not accessible. To run the data stream, a RS-232 (DB-9) Female Receptacle shall be purchased.

Two wires need to be connected to a RS-232 serial port. The BLUE wire from the AEM UEGO Gauge shall be connected to Pin #2 (RX) on the serial port for receiving data. Pin # 5 (GND) on the serial port shall be grounded. If a standard 9-pin serial cable is to be cut instead, the (RX) wire is typically RED and the (GND) wire is typically GREEN. However, this should be confirmed with a continuity tester before attempting.

Use HyperTerminal for testing the data stream. This software is found on most PCs. To find HyperTerminal go to: Start | All Programs | Accessories | Communications | HyperTerminal.

Name the New Connection and click OK. Set the COM port to the one being used and click OK.
Bits Per Second = 9600 Data Bits = 8 Parity = None Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = Hardware
cboles
Site Admin

Postby pavlik1 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 am

Hi,

Can I kindly ask you to post simple logcfg with the WOT trigers, so I can test it on my never logging OP2 interface

Thank you

cboles wrote:My solution is to not use the defroster button :)

I don't know what scenarios you are trying to log, but I find logging during near WOT to be a pretty good criteria for me. I actually log all of the time, but use WOT to decide when to create a new file. So I get these small files with WOT data, and other big ones for the more mundane stuff.

I just pulled my engine yesterday, so honestly, I'm not logging much at the moment...

I'm still no sure what is going on with your freeze-ups. Is anyone else having this problem? That would be a useful data point...

pavlik1

Postby cboles » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 pm

First things first - if your current configuration is not logging for some reason, adding additional triggers is not going to make it work. By default the OP2 should always log if you have no triggers set at all. Can you post up your logcfg.txt and logcfg.out here?

pavlik1 wrote:Hi,

Can I kindly ask you to post simple logcfg with the WOT trigers, so I can test it on my never logging OP2 interface

Thank you

cboles wrote:My solution is to not use the defroster button :)

cboles
Site Admin

Postby radeon » Wed May 26, 2010 11:00 am

Colby,
I sent my stock rom to support email earlier this week, did you get it?
My issue: no 'patch' checkmark in the latest ecuflash. The car is 08 legacy spec.b. It would be really nice to be able to log RAM parameters onto a card.

Thanks!
radeon

Postby volik8 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:47 am

Good evening! Give help me, my car Forester 2006 years of EDM 2,0 l, Read from ECU does not turn out for me, that to do me? And does not turn out 2007 years Forester EDM 2,0 l of Read from ECU
volik8

Postby xPRimNT » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

cboles wrote:looks like the image just below the text you attached in that pdf answers this question:

this should be pretty easy. the only thing i don't know is if this can change between AFR and lambda. The PDF seems to suggest that:

cboles wrote:It sounds like it produces a human-readable ASCII stream via RS-232. Have you tried connecting it to your laptop and viewing / saving the data in hyperterminal? If you can do that, I can probably get it working without buying one...

Colby

Yes, that's what the output looks like. The way you change from Lambda to AFR is a switch on the back, so I would imagine that the output remains the same but the resulting numbers are either in AFR (Gas) or Lambda, or any other settings the gauge has. Essentially, the number produced depends on the sending, but it is still just a number. Even if you can just capture that number and let the "user" set the gauge to what they want, I think that would be awesome.

I can get a picture/recording from mine if you like.
xPRimNT

Postby cboles » Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

If you can capture both lamba and AFR that would be great. I would also like to know how roughly how many readings per second that it provides. Do any of the other AEM products also produce serial data like this?

Colby

xPRimNT wrote:
cboles wrote:looks like the image just below the text you attached in that pdf answers this question:

Colby

Yes, that's what the output looks like. The way you change from Lambda to AFR is a switch on the back, so I would imagine that the output remains the same but the resulting numbers are either in AFR (Gas) or Lambda, or any other settings the gauge has. Essentially, the number produced depends on the sending, but it is still just a number. Even if you can just capture that number and let the "user" set the gauge to what they want, I think that would be awesome.

I can get a picture/recording from mine if you like.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby mfb » Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am

Logging was working prior to doing my wot run. After my 3rd gear log, I see the stuck blue light. Oh no...

Attached is the logcfg file, .out and the log that hanged.
LogCfg with.out file and log - hang at 4000 rpm.zip
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 598 times

Colby, please check and see what can be done.
mfb

Postby mfb » Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Does the .out file show anything about what happened? Its a diagnostic file for the last log right?
mfb

Postby pavlik1 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:04 pm

cboles wrote:First things first - if your current configuration is not logging for some reason, adding additional triggers is not going to make it work. By default the OP2 should always log if you have no triggers set at all. Can you post up your logcfg.txt and logcfg.out here?

Thank you

Hi cboles,

below are the two output files and the logcfg.

please help me to configure it properly in order to make a log
Attachments
logs pavlik1.zip
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
pavlik1

Postby volik8 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Good evening! Give help me, my car Forester 2006 years of EDM 2,0 l, Read from ECU does not turn out for me, that to do me? And does not turn out 2007 years Forester EDM 2,0 l of Read from ECU
volik8

Postby cboles » Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 pm

01: type=ssmk
  : name[type,8] value[ssmk,0,0.000000]
02: paramname = Engine_Load_(Relative)
  : name[paramname,16] value[Engine_Load_(Relative),0,0.000000]
03: paramid = 0x000007
  : name[paramid,17] value[0x000007,7,0.000000]
04: databits = 8
  : name[databits,22] value[8,8,8.000000]
05: scalingrpn = x,100,*,255,/
  : name[scalingrpn,0] value[x,100,*,255,/,0,0.000000]
unrecognized option [scalingrpn] at line 5

I think you must have some very old version of the firmware. Follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread to download the beta and update your firmware.

pavlik1 wrote:
cboles wrote:First things first - if your current configuration is not logging for some reason, adding additional triggers is not going to make it work. By default the OP2 should always log if you have no triggers set at all. Can you post up your logcfg.txt and logcfg.out here?

Thank you

Hi cboles,

below are the two output files and the logcfg.

please help me to configure it properly in order to make a log
cboles
Site Admin

Postby xPRimNT » Sat May 29, 2010 4:29 pm

cboles wrote:If you can capture both lamba and AFR that would be great. I would also like to know how roughly how many readings per second that it provides. Do any of the other AEM products also produce serial data like this?

Colby

I can definitely capture AFR soon, but need to pull my dash apart for Lambda. I'll get AFR for now, I'll try to timestamp the signals if I can figure it out.

The UEGOs with serial (both the digital gauge and the inline [non gauge]) have this. I'm not sure about the other products they make.
xPRimNT

PreviousNext

Return to Openport Stand-Alone Logging Beta