dumping ecu memory...

dumping ecu memory...

Postby TheCloser » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 am

hey guys...yesterday i finally downloaded the newest version of openecu and i finally got it to work. i flashed my ecu and bumped my rev limiter but when i went to read the ecu right after i flashed it to make sure it actually changed my rev limiter...it said "dumping ecu memory." now, i dont know about you guys but that sounds very very bad. whats going on?? why did it dump the ecu memory when all i was trying to do was read the ecu to verify the change?? now everytime i try to write something or read the ecu it says that it doesnt recognize or read any code at all!! luckily ive saved the original ROM that i downloaded from my ecu. ive tried rewriting it with the stock ROM but it keeps saying that it cant read any codes at all. WTF do i do??

T
TheCloser

Postby TheCloser » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:26 pm

anyone??

T
TheCloser

Postby S54fan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Again, you need to be far more specific to get accurate/useful help on this forum. I have a fairly good understanding of the system but I have no idea what you are on about! Posting the log file that shows the problem will help it to be understood.
S54fan

Postby Freon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Don't paraphrase errors. Write out exactly what your screen says, or post a screen shot. I don't recognize what you're saying.

What do you mean by downloaded openecu? Openecu is not the name of any piece of software. Perhaps you mean Ecuflash?

You shouldn't worry too much about the console (main window) of Ecuflash. It will tell you what you really need to know in pop-up windows. Don't read into the stuff on the console too much, it is more technical stuff. Do not try to interpret it unless you understand what is going on.

There are log files generated by Ecuflash, you should post yours.
Freon

Postby burgers » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:10 am

Hi

Does the car still run?

BTW this area is for deffinition and hex file. You may get more help posting in the general forum area.

MB
burgers

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)