Two step question

Two step question

Postby tony gibson » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:18 am

So does the two step in ECU FLASH affect fuel or ignition? Is it cutting fuel or ignition? Thanks....I am a newb when it comes to ECU FLASH...don't even have it yet but want to learn all about it before I try it!
tony gibson

Postby MrEvo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:01 pm

The stock ecu has an anti lag that is active from factory if i am correct.

It causes cobustion in the manifold which causes the back housing to spin or spool.

I have two step now and all i did was set a stationary rev limiter.

So now all i have to do is hold the throttle and the clutch and release after two seconds or so.

I also allow the turbo to start spool at 2000-5900 at a stand still.
I have not touched the anti lag so the load that you get at two step i have not touched yet.

It works great.
MrEvo

Postby evomaniac » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:22 am

The factory ecu is not a 2 step. It is simply a stationary rev limiter, just like the program says. All the people that tune and claim a 2 step are liars, just like they will remove the factory speed limit of 155mph. The car does not have a speed limiter on the USDM mopels. I have seen video of a totally syock 05 MR running the speedo at 162mph. The way it wotks it pulls fuel not timing. I have logged it before and the timing sits in the hi teens and lower 20's. The afr pegs my wideband at 19.9. The egts drop below 400c.
evomaniac

Postby lvnvevo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 pm

evomaniac wrote:The factory ecu is not a 2 step. It is simply a stationary rev limiter, just like the program says. All the people that tune and claim a 2 step are liars, just like they will remove the factory speed limit of 155mph. The car does not have a speed limiter on the USDM mopels. I have seen video of a totally syock 05 MR running the speedo at 162mph. The way it wotks it pulls fuel not timing. I have logged it before and the timing sits in the hi teens and lower 20's. The afr pegs my wideband at 19.9. The egts drop below 400c.

correct me if i am wrong but a two step by most people's definition is a stationary rev limit that helps with launching your car at a preset RPM. Even the MSD 2 step works this way. So i am not sure how people lie when they say they have a 2 step on their factory ecu. If your saying no one builds boost off the factory 2 step thats just not true. I build 13psi off of my factory launch control. I do have some mods to my timing and what not to allow this but it deffinetly builds boost.
lvnvevo

Postby MrEvo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:34 pm

evomaniac wrote:The factory ecu is not a 2 step. It is simply a stationary rev limiter, just like the program says. All the people that tune and claim a 2 step are liars, just like they will remove the factory speed limit of 155mph. The car does not have a speed limiter on the USDM mopels. I have seen video of a totally syock 05 MR running the speedo at 162mph. The way it wotks it pulls fuel not timing. I have logged it before and the timing sits in the hi teens and lower 20's. The afr pegs my wideband at 19.9. The egts drop below 400c.

Well a staionary rev limiter is just that a limit at a dead stop, NOTHING else.

When you set load on the anti lag function which will allow the turbo to build boost at a dead stop. Anti lag is active on a stock ecu.

So to get "two step" all you need to do is set the sataionary rev limit.

staionary revlimiter + anti- lag= two step
MrEvo

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)