cant open map with ecu flash

cant open map with ecu flash

Postby Dapper_Dan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:13 pm

ok i loaded my rom onto my laptop but every time i try to edit any of the tables i get this message "the current map description is invalid or incomplete. please edit the map discription to fix the problem and the map will be viewable again...."

how do i fix this?

thanks
Dapper_Dan

Postby TheCloser » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:10 am

IM GETTING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM GUYS....ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH THIS ERROR?? IM EVEN GOING INTO THE EDIT OPTION AND SELECTING EDIT MAP DEFINITION AND THE ADDRESSES ARE BLANK. MAYBE THAT'S GOT SOMETHIN TO DO WITH IT. I HAVE NO IDEA. EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT, I DL'ED ALL MY ECU PARAMETERS BUT I JUST CANT READ THEM!!! HELP

T
TheCloser

Postby fredd^ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi
You need the right definition file to view the map.
I think you will find it here somewere.

/Fredd
fredd^

Postby TheCloser » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:17 pm

shouldnt the definition files be included in the original download??? that would make sense wouldnt it?? where am i supposed to find these files??

T
TheCloser

Postby burgers » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:07 am

Hi

Each ROM file needs to be associated with a deffinition file. The developers of ECUflash have included some deffinition files, but they need the ROM image to work from, which they may not have. Also it can be quite a bit of work to get a good deffinition file, either by disasembly, or work in a hex tool. I trust you understand that this free software will need a bit of work from your side.

You may be able to read the ROM image by associating it with a definition file that is close in year to yours. If you post up the code from the out side of the ECU, tell us the model and year of the car, then members here maybe able to help you indentify a good def. file.

MB
burgers

Postby t-power » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:02 am

Hello guys, first it all nice forum you have!!!

As I understand is not need to associate a ROM File with a definition(XML) File. Is just much "easy" to do it in this way. Please dont be angry with me..is just my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong.

Like every n00b here I have alot of questions without answer, can someone help me out???
the first thing braking my head is where is a download area with stock ROM Files?
Who do you sort the stock ROM Files?:
Internal ID is something like the Software number?
Memory Model: Mitsu or Denso Partnumber?

About the Checksumm, what kind of alogarytmus does this tip ECU use? 8Bit complete correction, maybe 16Hi-lo;lo-HI?

I hope some of you guys can help me.

If I made the wrong questions in the wrong place I apologise for this.

Greetings
T-POWER
t-power

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)