Evo 9 EDM 88840016

Evo 9 EDM 88840016

Postby salex » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi all,

I have just downloaded my ECU's contents using 1.3M from my Evo 9 2006 EDM. Great work Colby!

I have added the file as an attachment, since EcuFlash does not support it straight away yet.
After a bit of tinkering with the import option, I (think I) used the 88840016 definition, found in another topic of the Evo IX thread.
The results were good, most of the maps can be opened now. But there seem to be inconsistencies in the load and rpm scales.
A few of the maps are also messed up, so I think it will take a bit of work before it is really usable...

The real question here is: If I modify the maps on this ECU, which is one of the latest as far as I know, will the checksum correction routines cover me?

Just wanted to know before I flash it and end up with the car not starting. Not that it would make a huge difference, since I have the original. I am trying it anyway! :D
Attachments
EVO9 88840016.zip
(127.41 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
salex

Postby S54fan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:16 am

Load and RPM scales can be tricky to find, but you can reflash without them if you think you know what they are. Checksums are not a problem - or haven't been for me so far.

If you have VVT (try the JDM RS map posted on evolutionm.net - see Ecuflash forum, MIVEC thread - helps spool no end), high octane #2, high octane fuel, boost limit you have a good start.
S54fan

Postby salex » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:31 am

Tried reflashing today, all was well!
Car started and worked perfect.

The problem was , the xml definition needs a lot of finetuning.

Well, I don't know what you have seen in your Evos, but here is the list of things I have to fix:

-Raising the turbo pressure was not easy. All the numbers are in the wrong place!
-Fuel maps and rev limiter are/work ok, but that's about it.
-Launch control is not 5000 rpm (as should be).

-All the numbers in the wastegate duty also seem wrong. Not even close to 100%.
-Boost desired engine load is a mess, and changing it made very little difference in the car's response.

(newbie question) Guys, how do you edit edit these xml definition files? I tried ECUEdit, but could not really import the xml file or play around with it.

Thanks!
salex

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)