Immobiliser Code

Immobiliser Code

Postby msoysal » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:59 pm

İs the 4 digit code on the EcuFlash screen the immobiliser code or is it hidden somewhere in the hex file? Can someone comment on that? Thanks
msoysal

Postby MalibuJack » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 am

If you mean the 4 digit code named Immobilizer in ECUFlash then yes.. if you don't see it, go under options, set user mode to advanced and you should see it..

Make a backup of your rom, set it aside somewhere, and write your immobilizer code down somewhere too.. Should you ever need it its great to have.
MalibuJack

Postby silex » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:37 pm

Say a certain tuner, DynoFlash, did a base tune on my car. This of course was before I knew of ECUFlash. I have since purchase it and now I don't have my base flash anymore :(. How do I figure out the immobolizer code and why would I need it?
silex

Postby chrisw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:35 pm

MalibuJack wrote:If you mean the 4 digit code named Immobilizer in ECUFlash then yes.. if you don't see it, go under options, set user mode to advanced and you should see it..

yup :idea:
chrisw

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:20 pm

If you download the ROM from your ECU and modify that, you don't need the Immobilizer code because it is integral to the ROM. Knowing the Immobilizer code for your car is always a good idea though. It isn't displayed until you change the user level to Developer in the ECUFlash options.

If you have a flash already though, it might be better to use a stock ROM file for your model year and start from there. Retuning a messed up flash is not always easy. If you use a ROM other than the one currently in your ECU, you will need to change the Immobilizer code in the new ROM to match your car before you write it to the ECU.
Blak94GSX

Postby M3This » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:05 pm

I'm in the same boat. I had Dynoflash flash my car with a custom dyno tune. Now Im looking at getting the tune redone and I dont have my stock map to start off with. Can someone tell me

a) How do I know what stock map to start off with

b) Can I get on the base maps that are available for DL here and actually load that to my ECU ? (just wondering if I ever need to go back to stock)

Sorry for the thread jack
M3This

Postby Blak94GSX » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:51 pm

M3This wrote:I'm in the same boat. I had Dynoflash flash my car with a custom dyno tune. Now Im looking at getting the tune redone and I dont have my stock map to start off with. Can someone tell me

b) Can I get on the base maps that are available for DL here and actually load that to my ECU ? (just wondering if I ever need to go back to stock)

Here is what you need to do to restore a factory ROM to your ECU:

-Download the ROM that is in your ECU currently, save it out

-While looking at the ROM in ECUFlash, Expand the section at the top labeled ROM INFO, note the Internal ID. This tells you the model of the ROM and the version of the firmware. For example, 94170008 means 9417 is the model, version 8 of the firmware

-Expand the Misc section down at the bottom, find the Immobilizer code, write it down and/or copy it to the clipboard. This is the code that matches your ignition key

-Now that you know the model and immobilizer code, download from here, or somewhere, a stock ROM file that has the same model. You can try a later firmware revision if you want, although there isn't much different. 94170011 for example would be the same model but version 11 of the firmware

-Open the new factory ROM file in ECUFlash, check the ROM INFO again to make sure it is the same model

-Update the Immobilizer code with your code, save out the modified ROM file, then upload it to the ECU
Blak94GSX

Postby nvr2fast » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:01 am

What would happen if you use different version of the firmware/ROM?

That is, if you had a early version Evo IX and late version Evo IX, what would happen if you just flashed the later version to the early version? Would this completely stuff things up? The definition file would be different for sure.
nvr2fast

Postby Blak94GSX » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Yeah in general I always upgrade to the latest version. The model will be the same, but the firmware version will be different.
Blak94GSX

immobilizer

Postby n03lsevo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:19 pm

Blak94GSX wrote:
M3This wrote:I'm in the same boat. I had Dynoflash flash my car with a custom dyno tune. Now Im looking at getting the tune redone and I dont have my stock map to start off with. Can someone tell me

Here is what you need to do to restore a factory ROM to your ECU:

-Download the ROM that is in your ECU currently, save it out

-While looking at the ROM in ECUFlash, Expand the section at the top labeled ROM INFO, note the Internal ID. This tells you the model of the ROM and the version of the firmware. For example, 94170008 means 9417 is the model, version 8 of the firmware

-Expand the Misc section down at the bottom, find the Immobilizer code, write it down and/or copy it to the clipboard. This is the code that matches your ignition key

-Now that you know the model and immobilizer code, download from here, or somewhere, a stock ROM file that has the same model. You can try a later firmware revision if you want, although there isn't much different. 94170011 for example would be the same model but version 11 of the firmware

-Open the new factory ROM file in ECUFlash, check the ROM INFO again to make sure it is the same model

-Update the Immobilizer code with your code, save out the modified ROM file, then upload it to the ECU

Nice write up. What if you forgot to write down the immobilizer code and just flashed it...now the car won't start of course :(...where or how can the code be retrieved? Thanks in advance!
n03lsevo

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Umm yeah that would be bad.

You shouldn't be just blindly writing to your ECU anyway. ALWAYS save the original hex dump.
Blak94GSX

Postby diablo2184 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:53 pm

i changed the user level to "Developer" but i still dont see the Immobilizer tab. i downloaded 1.29a and I am using the Mitsubishi Tactrix cable.....any help?
diablo2184

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)