Factory anti-lag

Factory anti-lag

Postby chrisw » Tue May 23, 2006 2:48 pm

So while poking around my new and improved ROM image, I noticed that the ECU definitions have entries for the factory antilag.

Anyone know how to enable this? I know I need the hardware first, but this question is more about getting the ECU working properly once that hardware is located and installed.

thanks
chrisw

Postby c-spec » Tue May 23, 2006 4:05 pm

i know about this too. maybe it's already activate. who knows?
c-spec

Postby AndyF_Evo » Thu May 25, 2006 6:53 am

If you're talking about the secondary air system (the pipes that run from the intake, through a solenoid valve and into the exhaust manifold) then it's already active in the std ECU (the JDM version at least). It operates when you have been on full throttle for more than 3 seconds and then lift off the throttle at greater than 4,000 rpm. It dumps air into the exhaust manifold for 2-3 seconds.

If you can modify the ignition timing and fuelling during this period then you will have the full-on anti-lag.

Andy
AndyF_Evo

Postby c-spec » Thu May 25, 2006 12:10 pm

all i know is that the only way to have the antilag work is either get some homedepot parts and modified your mannifold to dump pressure in it so the turbo wold spool or sparkplugs in your mannifold.
c-spec

Postby LGT-3-6 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:18 pm

At least in new cars with coil-packs ignition timing should be infinitely adjustable. You would only need to write a routine that dumps in fuel and retards the timing probably 90-240 degrees. What's neat is I think you could write it so you could idle on 1-2 cylinders and anti-lag on 2-3.
Last edited by LGT-3-6 on Fri May 26, 2006 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGT-3-6

Postby AndyF_Evo » Thu May 25, 2006 11:42 pm

C-spec,
The JDM cars already come with the pipework and an appropriate solenoid to dump the air into the manifold. I think this has been removed on the USDM cars though.

Andy
AndyF_Evo

Postby chrisw » Fri May 26, 2006 7:03 am

AndyF_Evo wrote:C-spec,
The JDM cars already come with the pipework and an appropriate solenoid to dump the air into the manifold. I think this has been removed on the USDM cars though.

Andy

all of the hardware has been removed for USDM EVO's There is even the question about changes in the wiring harness and which ECU outputs control the air pump for the anti-lag.

Internal to the ECU there are various table that have not been fully decoded that control the ignition, timing, and wastegate functions for what I am guessing is to control the anti-lag function.
chrisw

Postby mlr » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 am

You should remember,that antilag burns turbo within 1000km.
Its like building gasoturbine engine in your exhaust mainfold-to keep the turbine not burning you should always have correct mixture in your exhaust mainfold. The stock evo7 antilag system is evil - when you throw oxygen on the hot turbo-the metal burns-if you will add fuiel-by opening injectors on closed throttle and turning off ingnition-u'll make only one blow-and will have to close solenoid-cause the pressure in exhaust will be higher the the pressure after compressor....
mlr

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)