Openport 2.0 and H8/539F Connection Problem TIPS

Openport 2.0 and H8/539F Connection Problem TIPS

Postby tjcolt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I have had problems connecting the OpenPort 2.0 to my Colt CJ1A 4g13. I have the H8 539F processor, and somehow the Openport 2.0 did not connect to my ECU.

Maybe some tips (which I used to have accomplished connection) would help someone with the same problem. Here they are:

- Check the reflash connector. Sometimes the cable inside the plug is clamped too hard, so the cable is connected to the ground ring.
- Check if the white connector (in your car) has continuity with pin 79 of your ECU plug (or even check if there is a cable that is connected to pin 79 on your ECU). For ECU pinouts: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?p=1936260.
- Last of all (which solved my problem). There's a method in which you connect pin 1 and 4 on the OBD connector (in your car) to eachother, so the check engine light will blink (for checking DTC). Connecting these pins while trying to Read ECU will probably help connecting (it did for my car).

I took two cables of about 20cm each, one end of a cable soldered to a sewing needle, the other side of the cable soldered to a male/female connector. Second cable the same, leaving one cable female, other male, so you can disconnect the cable at your wishing, but leaving the cables permanently in your car for other flashing attempts.
Then I just pushed the needles with a little force in the cables at the back of the OBD-connector in my car. Cable of connector 1 and 4. For a picture of the exact position of these pins:

This picture came from a post in this forum thread: http://www.geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7604.

This is an example of how I have the cables hanging right now. The blue plugs I can connect whenever I want to flash my car (or check my DTC's through the dashlight flashing). Don't forget to tuck them away somehow and isolate them from eachother (and the car).

tjcolt

Re: Openport 2.0 and H8/539F Connection Problem TIPS

Postby boymay22 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am

Thank you. Very infomative and usefull.
boymay22

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)