Reading & Flashing 4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant

Reading & Flashing 4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant

Postby SPD_FRK » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 am

I have noticed lately that these two platforms (4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant) do not seem to be compatible with the EcuFlash or Tactrix cables. Mainly, the issue seems to be not being able to communicate or read from the ECU. Has anybody made any progress on working on this issue or getting EcuFlash to successfully work with the two platforms? I have been working with the Evo X platform with great success now which I understand operates on the same CAN system as the 4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant.

The 4th Gen Eclipse platform community currently has been waiting for a couple years now on a developer to release a reflash software/tuner for them. As a member of this community, and a big supporter of opensource developement, I would like to see this topic get some attention here and see if others may have some insight on the subject. People have paid a good chunk of money within the 4th Gen community for the development of their reflash software in the last 2 years and still have yet to get a full release. My personal opinion is this defeats the EcuFlash software development (which even specifies All Mitsubishi CAN vehicles in the vehicle select box). The Evo community has always had a wide developer support for their platforms which is why I am sure they were so successful in getting the Evo X CAN system defined and used with EcuFlash.

What is the difference between the Eclipse & Galant platform from the Evo X that is causing this issue?

What do we need to do in order to get EcuFlash to communicate with these ECUs?

Is anything currently being done to develop EcuFlash to work with these ECUs?
SPD_FRK

Re: Reading & Flashing 4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant

Postby acamus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Most probably you will be able to read the rom with Colt (768k) or RalliArt (512k) template,
one cannot flash it at this time with EcuFlash succesfully thou.
acamus

Re: Reading & Flashing 4th Gen Eclipse & 9th Gen Galant

Postby horse-eater » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 am

So, would like to revive this thread because we woulld love the help of the many genius level code guys on this forum.

Dunno if this is old news, so if it's a re-port I apologize.

We are able now, to read and write our ROM by use of MMCflash, and edit it under EcuFlash. We have several ROMs already pulled and uploaded to evoscan.com

Essentially we are in the first stages, we need help decyphering which sets of codes are what and XML's built. We so far can remove speed limiter, edit rev limiter, etc. We need more experts to do timing, fuel, etc...

There are a few of us running boost that would kill to be able to tune for boost, potentially have a patch that would et us convert to MAP as our tuning method like the EVO guys.

http://www.evoscan.com/roms/mitsubishi/

ANything stating 2006+ Eclipse, both GS and GT ROMS are there. I don't know how much help you guys can give but I have heard of some amazing coders on here.
horse-eater

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)