Need Help with 1999 Galant V6 Definition

Need Help with 1999 Galant V6 Definition

Postby beam514 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Hey guys, I posted my '99 Galant V6 (cali spec) ROM on Galant Tuners awhile ago, and mystic_j was able to create a definition for me, with the exception of certain components. These components aren't showing up in EcuFlash correctly at all. I just learned MATLAB coding over the past two quarters of school, but am completely new to hex, so I really don't know anything about it except maybe what you could possibly learn in a one page article about it. I believe this definition was written basically using a 2000 Eclipse ROM, and modified to suit the Galant? Anyway.. that said, I need help with the following tables:

Injector Latency
MAF Scaling
MAF Smoothing
Desired Idle RPM (drive)
Desired Idle RPM (neutral)

What's important for me right now is Injector Latency and the MAF tables, as I would like to scale my injectors soon. I will state right now that when you try to change the values in the Desired RPM tables, the last two RPM values of the Neutral table are dependent on the first two values of the Drive table, so something is very obviously wrong (in addition to the numbers being out of wack).

Note that the two tables on the right are actually different tables I had open by accident. Just pay attention to the "844" RPM values on the left.
I have attached the definition and ROM files. Also note that I had to manually enter in the axis values for the Fuel and Timing tables, if that makes any difference.
Any help would be much much appreciated.

-Adrian

EDIT/UPDATE
I have attached a newer ROM that I pulled more recently in a post down below. I believe the ROM in this post might have some wrong information since I changed some values and am not sure if this affected any mis-assigned values. I just want to be sure so I'm starting with a fresh ROM again. So basically, don't download the ROM in this post if you're going to be looking at it to edit the definition that I posted.
Attachments
20410017.xml
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 780 times
99V6 Cali 20410017.hex
(128 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
Last edited by beam514 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beam514

Re: Need Help with 1999 Galant V6 Definition

Postby beam514 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 pm

bump?
beam514

Postby ChaiBororo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:07 pm

i have an 2001 V6 model , maybe i may be a little help if yu still need it , but still in sum beginning stages in HEX as yu are. I altho have a 10.8:1 compression 6G74 3.5 in place of the 3.0 so i have my table set a little diff
Attachments
IMG_20110320_173307.jpg
IMG_20110320_173307.jpg (668.88 KiB) Viewed 12004 times
ChaiBororo

Postby beam514 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 am

I also have the 3.5L 6G74, as well as the 5 speed swap. You have a 2001 Galant? What is your screenname on any of the Galant forums?

Anyway I need to tune for the 3.5L, which is why I would like to have this definition fixed. "Thane" is currently doing some work on it when possible, so thanks very much Thane!
beam514

Postby ChaiBororo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Well i modified the tables for mine, as for my engine i got frum home in Thailand. i am using a 6 speed manual trans, which table do yu want to correct? I am confused by the last sentence in yur message. Sumone is already preparing a edited HEX for yurself?

Well in most aspects , i am still working on mine because i am going to use the larger/wider AFM that acme with the engine back home. USDM Diamante tables are harder to compare because they do not have a low octane and high octane fuel map , as for the USDM Galant PCM does, altho i did a compare between the standard USDM Diamante maps and the Thailand Diamante VR maps which has a high and low octane and ignition maps. The comparison is needed because our octane back there is higher , most pumps range frum 94-99 RON octane.

Did yu use the Galant cams on the 3.5? THey are more agressive than the 3.5 USDM 3.5 cams. The cams in mine are equivelant to the 03-05 Eclipse GTS USDM.

ALso sum people prefer to use the 3.0 fuel injectors and scale up the size to 220 and make other corrections in scaling. Sum prefer to use the 240 injectors that come with the 3.5 altho for most people it runs really rich due to the PCM setting and system. BUt most are able to correct it in tables and get it better , i am currently using 240 alhto my engine came with 252's

Yu liking the 3.5?

I am on id say Galant Tuners ChaiBororo but i do not frequent there. I run a sop , and currently moved to USA and opening a shop in california
ChaiBororo

Postby beam514 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:52 pm

In my last sentence, I meant that a member here is currently editing the Definition.

Currently I am running the 6G72 injectors (220's). The Diamante injectors are 270's if I recall correctly. The scaling on the Diamante ROM that I have sets it at 268. Anyway I had no idea that anyone outside of the US had done a 6G74 swap into a Galant. You should post up on Galant Tuners more often because we'd love to hear about your car. We also actually have a quite a good database of performance-oriented information there.

I am using the stock Diamante heads and cams. I still have my 6G72 heads for future use though. So far I am enjoy the 3.5L. It sounds nice lol

Where in California are you moving to? I am located in San Luis Obispo County during the year for school, and in Ventura County during the summer. It would be pretty cool to meet up eventually. Also, we had Mitsubishi Owner's Day typically in July, located in Cypress. It's a lot of fun.

Sort of back on topic:
I believe the older ROM I posted might be slightly incorrect since I edited some values, which may have edited other values if they were mis-assigned. I have attached a new ROM that I pulled today.
Attachments
99V6 Cali 20410017.hex
(128 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
beam514

Postby ChaiBororo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Well the Diamante injectors arent 270 tho they are roughly actually 240 . Well i have it in my Galant in the USA. I am currently living in Louisiana. But back home we do not need to 3.5. Many of us have tho used a 6G74 block with the DOCH heads we have on the 6A13. Lots of people do not kno , but they are actually the same heads. The 6A1 1992 up SOCH and DOCH cylinder heads are the same as the 6G7 series SOCH and DOCH heads 1992 and up in asian markets ( not the DOCH heads found on USDM 1992-1996 DIamante and 3000GT )

Outside Japan , Thailand and the city where i was raised has 4 Mitsubishi Powertrain and /Drivetrain and ENgine divisions. 3 being there since the 80's and 1 since the 70's so there are many parts flying around , and alsoThailand Mitsubishi's 3 plants produces most of the asian/pan asian mitsubishi's even most of the ones to south america.

Back home i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-S which has a 3.5 DOCH MIVEC , a Triton PLUS with same engine but RWD config , so i kinda had sumwut an idea wut i wanted to do when it comes to tuning this one altho its a little diff due to lack of a DOCH head , altho the compression almost matches my Diamante . As for info i get most of it frum my brother and well myself , i build engines and do custom work and tuning etc on any asian or german car when i am not working as an engineer, so i do not frequint many sites unless need too but i dont .

Im moving to north Hollywood. I have looked at a couple shops , but i do not like the space and one the lack of interior room for cars. Definatly using the 6G72 cams on the engine are a definate. They are better on top end. LAso the cylinder heads are the same, no difference between them actually at all. Where is yur location to North Hollywood? I have a cousin , when i get to california he has a 2000 Galant V6. I have started to build up a 6G74 for him. We are going to use DOCH heads. If he wants MIVEC we will go back home to get them, altho i told him which we have waiting in wings is DOCH heads off a 2005 KIA Sedona that has a 3.5. The DOCH heads on that engine is based off of the same DOCH heads on 6A1/6G7 engines without MIVEC . as already the 3.5 in the sedona is blueprinted and designed around the Mitsubishi 6G7 (but not as strong) and uses a F4A51 trans HA.

We have a W6ABW which i beefed up frum a wrecked all wheel drive Outlander with a 6B31 engine. We bought teh whole vehicle, were gunna use the complete AWD system
ChaiBororo

Postby beam514 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm confused because both ROMs show that the scaling for the injector is set at 268. On Club3G, everyone posts that the size is 270 or 275.
I don't believe too many people on the forums here in the US are aware that the DOHC will fit.. I don't recall reading anything at least.

Anyway, during the summer I live only 30-45 minutes away from North Hollywood, so it would be cool to go check out your shop at some point. Since you're going to be local soon enough, I'm going to PM you my number and maybe we can talk some more.
beam514

Postby beam514 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:39 am

Good news, another Galant member is also working on the definition, and was able to find the correct memory locations for the RPM and load values. Hopefully this will all be done shortly.
beam514

Postby martymonaro » Wed May 04, 2011 3:16 am

Here you go, I made some changes for you to keep you going. All changes untested and need to be verified by testing on car.

Marty
Attachments
20410017.xml
(22.92 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
martymonaro

Postby beam514 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:56 am

wow, thank you! When combined with the other Galant member's definition, this should work out. He was able to find the memory locations for the RPM and load values. I'll have to hit him up and see where he's at on the definition.

I am also attaching the definition that another member on here made for me previously. It has a little bit more, like EVAP maps. Some of the other stuff isn't fixed though. So once I have time to Frankenstein all of this and get one single definition going, it should be quite nice.

Thanks to all that have been of help on here. Isaurio, martymonaro, Thane, SPD_FRK, etc. etc. You know who you guys are.
Attachments
20410017 older 5-4-11.xml
(6.92 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
beam514

Postby Isaurio » Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 am

This is great. I will compare the values and memory locations from both xml. I already fixed the RPM and load values. Also the battery, and engine temp values.
Isaurio

Postby beam514 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm

doing some fine tuning, moving things into specific categories and stuff. Simple things lol. If you use the address "11efd" for Load, then load goes from 0-100 in increments on 10. However, the fuel maps should be from 10-100, + 400, correct? Isaurio if you think you know the address for the Load and RPM, even though the memory models are different, let me know so I can try it out :)

Oh forgot to mention: I guess this isn't working for all 1999 V6's, even if they are cali spec. I'm wondering if this has to do with manufacturing date. I'll have to check up on that more later.

EDIT: I just moved the tables around so that they would be a little more "in order" in the list pane in EcuFlash.
Attachments
20410017.xml
(23.84 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
beam514

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)