what about a "Mitsubishi EVO 4" category :)

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed May 17, 2006 5:38 am

evo4 and 5s have totally different ecus. but have same wireing harness. except the programming on the evo5 ecu is set for the evo5 size injectors.
Evo4Mad

Postby GTODesign » Wed May 17, 2006 6:11 am

Essentially you can just plug an E7 ECU into an E4 and it will run (with 560cc injectors).

To re-flash the ECU, you need to tie pin 79 to the external init block.

Beyond this with a std E7 ECU it will start throwing CEL's at you because of the o2 sensor controls, fan controls and a/c controls. Re-wire the pins to suit the E4 loom and away you go.

It's not simple, but it is possible.
GTODesign

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed May 17, 2006 6:16 am

Theoritically couldn't the Evo7 std maps be adjusted to cater for evo4 injectors?
Evo4Mad

Postby GTODesign » Wed May 17, 2006 6:20 am

Yeah, just needs a tweek to the k-value and maybe a bit of adjustment to the injector deadtime.
GTODesign

Postby CTR56 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:58 pm

There's some differences between evo 4 and 7 ecu : immobilizer fonction , exhaust overheating sensor , radiator fans , a/c command and others .
I've tested an evo 7 ecu on my 5 and it didn't work well : my radiator fan allways run , ecu come in fail safe mode after few runs .
I'm also looking for a solution to reflash my ecu :?:
CTR56

Postby Evo4Mad » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:59 am

which rom were you trying? how do you know when it goes into fail safe mode?
Evo4Mad

Postby CTR56 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:11 pm

This ecu wasn't mine . I tried it and return to his owner after my tests .
In normal running ( after about 200 km or more ) the mil turn on , after few seconds i had an engine loss power and finally it stall . It happens twice :?: so i return it .
I haven't read the rom id , sorry .
CTR56

Postby Claudio_Haltech » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:33 am

peluca wrote:I have access to EVO V, VI, VI.5 and VII. How can I help?

Like Peluca says we have access to these EVOs too, and we can also do patch harness conversions to run different year ECU onto what ever car, since the main ECU connector is exactly the same, i have all the female ECUs and male harness connections at my disposal, all i need is wiring diagrams which i have for EVO8, which is similar to EVO7, EVO9, and Im thinking i have EVO6 somewhere.

So, let us know how to make this happen.
Claudio_Haltech

Postby BarryC. » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Claudio_Haltech wrote:
peluca wrote:I have access to EVO V, VI, VI.5 and VII. How can I help?

Like Peluca says we have access to these EVOs too, and we can also do patch harness conversions to run different year ECU onto what ever car, since the main ECU connector is exactly the same, i have all the female ECUs and male harness connections at my disposal, all i need is wiring diagrams which i have for EVO8, which is similar to EVO7, EVO9, and Im thinking i have EVO6 somewhere.

So, let us know how to make this happen.

believe me its not that simple :cry:
the evo 4,5,6 used a 2 speed radiator fan while the 7,8,9 used a PWM controller for speed control,
also the fuel pump relays are slightly different
the 7,8,9 controlled the intercooler sprayer system so it would probably throw codes up constantly as the 4,5,6 was a manual system.
and the 4,5,6 had no immobiliser where as the later models had.
and not to mention that there is a couple other small differences also.
BarryC.

Postby Claudio_Haltech » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 pm

BarryC. wrote:believe me its not that simple :cry:
the evo 4,5,6 used a 2 speed radiator fan while the 7,8,9 used a PWM controller for speed control,
also the fuel pump relays are slightly different
the 7,8,9 controlled the intercooler sprayer system so it would probably throw codes up constantly as the 4,5,6 was a manual system.
and the 4,5,6 had no immobiliser where as the later models had.
and not to mention that there is a couple other small differences also.

Hehe, sounds like it would be somewhat easier to just fit a stand alone as a plug n play deal and not worry about the rest of the complications.

I do offer plug n play Haltech's for these kinds of applicatoins, but of course, this is not what we're looking to do here, right.

So, on to just cracking the codes for 4,5 and 6.

Is there a way to defeat the immobilizer? i know thats somewhat of a "tricky" subject, but is it possible? either by entering a 0000 as the code or some other code that meant for it not to work?
Claudio_Haltech

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:55 am

Its easy, just get wiring diagrams for both ecus, and do the conversion, i did it. my fans still work. and I just reprogrammed the ecu to ignore the rear o2 sensor and ignore the immobilizer.
Evo4Mad

Postby BarryC. » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:52 am

Evo4Mad wrote:Its easy, just get wiring diagrams for both ecus, and do the conversion, i did it. my fans still work. and I just reprogrammed the ecu to ignore the rear o2 sensor and ignore the immobilizer.

how did you get around the fan controller problem and disable the o2 and immobiliser???
also what did you do to the injectors did you change them for EVO 7 ones ??
would love to be able to do this,
I have studied both diagrams and know how to change the wiring to suit,
its just the fan and fault codes that put me off,
Maybe we could do a write up so others can follow will you help if you can please???
BarryC.

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:16 am

I read about 100 hours of engine tuning sites on the internet, I then downloaded the evo4 and evo8 workshop manual cds, I analysed the wiring diagrams in both manuals for 20hours, I read how to mod ecus by reading 100hours on aktivematrix,

I didn't change my injectors, I just changed a couple of ecu pinout wires, and reflashed the ecu, that was it. works like a charm.
Evo4Mad

manual..just do it

Postby nitz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:28 am

Evo4Mad wrote:I read about 100 hours of engine tuning sites on the internet, I then downloaded the evo4 and evo8 workshop manual cds, I analysed the wiring diagrams in both manuals for 20hours, I read how to mod ecus by reading 100hours on aktivematrix,

I didn't change my injectors, I just changed a couple of ecu pinout wires, and reflashed the ecu, that was it. works like a charm.

well, i'm sure you wouldn't want to see all that time you spent go to waste. why not preserve the information in a nice concise manual on how to get it going. oh, and i'm sure it would be useful to others ;).
i'd even pay for such a manual to get my e6 going with an e8 ecu.
nitz

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:57 pm

I have already written up the information, I just cant remember where.. I think on aktivematrix.

I write up 20 things per week, you cant expect me to remember where I put everything. I have google desktop installed and my ie7 history set on MAX and I still struggle to remember and find stuff.
Evo4Mad

Previous

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)