Evo7 trouble with stock ECU

Evo7 trouble with stock ECU

Postby mickb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:03 am

Hey Guys,

I have recently bought a Evo 7 JDM which is currently running a Apexi Power FC and I want to return to a standard ECU.

I have a stock ECU from an Evo 7 with the stock ROM. I set about disabling the immobiliser by changing the immobiliser setting in Periphery0 as well as the imob code to FFFF.

Even with these settings the injectors wont pulse (but everything else appears ok) which suggests to me a immobiliser problem. The interesting part is my particular car does not have the wiring for the immobiliser (pin 51) or the wires to the imobiliser ECU. All of the other ECU wiring is as per the standard EVO7. Is this a different model??? It all appears to be original. Does the ECU need a signal from the immobiliser ECU to function properly- however the FFFF setting just ignores the signal generated???

I know it is not a mechanical issue because it runs with the PowerFC which is a plug in unit, so it suggests to me it is a ECU or ROM issue. I have tried several ROMs from the internet, none of which have worked.

I am thinking of wiring an immobiliser ECU in to simulate a signal to see if that works.

I am pulling out my hair with this one. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike
mickb

Re: Evo7 trouble with stock ECU

Postby todd-w » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

swap ecu pins 8 and 22 , fuel pump and a/c relay
todd-w

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)