Dodge Caliber Srt4

Dodge Caliber Srt4

Postby aduhaime2003 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:34 pm

I am a noob. I freely admit to not knowing enough about this topic....yet. Regardless I have started diving into the tuning of my 92 talon tsi via eprom burning. I just bought a 2008 caliber srt4. I would like to get involved with tuning it. I have found many discussions online speaking of many limitations because of the stock ecu and all of the safguards in it's programming. I would like to know if anyone can give me some knowledege regarding this ecu. I suspect that the protocol used in the ecu is iso 9141. I do not know where to begin with the process of doing anything with the ecu. I copied this picture of the stock ecu and added it to this post. I do not know if this ecu bears any commonalities with the misubishi ecu that is currently supported. I suppose the first step would be to upload the current file from the ecu and look into revers engineering it. Image

thanks

art
aduhaime2003

Re: Dodge Caliber Srt4

Postby study » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 am

it is simense ECU, the CPU is different.
study

Re: Dodge Caliber Srt4

Postby aduhaime2003 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 pm

What I really need to know is the best method for reverse engineering. This is my thought process.
1. find out what the main cpu is and attempt to find out the instruction set that it supports
2. Attempt to log data and derive where the data is calculated
3. Isolate the inputs and attempt to figure out where they are refrenced in the memory
4. Associate the derived logging data to some of the outputs

Does this sound anywhere like a decent thought process. I dont know how any of you did it....That is what I need to find out.
I know that this is a huge task but if there are short cuts It would help. I am a Software programmer by trade but this is going back to college days and I am very rusty with assembly.....let alone converting hex to assembly.
Thanks

ART
aduhaime2003

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)