EVO8 --> 2G ECU Swap nearly done...Need HELP!

EVO8 --> 2G ECU Swap nearly done...Need HELP!

Postby djd24 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 am

I've attempted to put an Evo 8 ECU (USDM) into my '99 eclipse gsx. Everything is working perfect, with the exception of the climate controls. I get no air and no heat when I turn the fans up (although the A/C condensor sounds like it is turning on).

Based on what I've read/found online, here's the pinouts for the two ECUs, followed by the pins I swapped/changed. Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'd hate to ditch this project just because I can't get the climate controls to work.

The color-coated pins indicate those that I swapped/changed/disconnected:

Swapped pins 8 and 22
Connected pin 31 from the EVO ECU to pin 34 on the vehicle wiring for the Eclipse
Connected pin 31 from the EVO ECU to pin 20 on the vehicle wiring for the eclipse
Connected pin 32 from the EVO ECU to pin 21 on the vehicle wiring for the eclipse
Disconnected pin 87
djd24

Re: EVO8 --> 2G ECU Swap nearly done...Need HELP!

Postby codysalzbrunn38 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 pm

wish i could help u bro. but here's a courtesy bump for ya :)
codysalzbrunn38

Postby Michal_6 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:20 am

Hi
How did you connect obd2 connector to the ecu ?
I've got a problem with E6 TME (6.5) with swap of E8 ecu JDM with E7 rom inside (no EGR & rear o2 sensor). everything works fine except obd2 communication. I can access ecu in my friend E7 car but in mine no. Funny thing is that I can read my old ecu in my car using MUTT scanner.
Could you send me the pinout of the obd2 socket ? I was trying to connect it as in my friend E7 but pin colors of obd2 socket do not match with ecu colors.
Regarding the pin swap of the fans. E7 and up have electronic fans. so what is done that ecu signal tiggers the relays for the fans lo+hi gear together instead of sending separate lo/hi fan signal to each fan (engine fan and a/c fan). as i see in eclipse diagram you have some other a/c switches to contoll via ecu. I think that you should check what happens on them when you turn on the a/c switch. mayby you just have to pull up this outputs by +12V to make it working making a small additional circuit triggered by the a/c button ?
Regards
Michal
Michal_6

Postby ed_GST » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Why are you swapping a EVO ECU in your 99 GSX if your stock ECU can be flashed, even with a Speed Density ROM?
ed_GST

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)