Evo 5 RS Rom

Evo 5 RS Rom

Postby BarryC. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:52 pm

could someone help me with a definition for my rom please????
thanks

Barry
Attachments
EVO 5 RS BC.hex
(128 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
BarryC.

Postby cossie1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 pm

see this is the reason I asked you the other night, about how the xml's are made.

We need to findout how it's done, so we can sort it ;)
cossie1

Postby BarryC. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm

cossie1 wrote:see this is the reason I asked you the other night, about how the xml's are made.

oh I know how they are made and even have the software to disassemble the rom code, problem is I dont know what to look for or distinguish what is what, the rest is just front end stuff its the code in the rom that holds the tables is the magic of it all,
BarryC.

Postby cossie1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:54 pm

BarryC. wrote:
cossie1 wrote:see this is the reason I asked you the other night, about how the xml's are made.

oh I know how they are made and even have the software to disassemble the rom code, problem is I dont know what to look for or distinguish what is what, the rest is just table information its the code in the rom that hold the tables is the magic of it all,

in that case, trial and error :D

Ok as you know, I am very very new to this, but...

It has been confirmed that an Evo 6 (and therefore a 5) will run on an evo 7 ecu, so maybe try a couple of the lines from an evo7 definition file ???
cossie1

Postby BarryC. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:07 pm

if it were only that easy,
here let me show ya from what I understand of it,
here are two pieces of code from two different definition files from two disassembled ECU roms dont know which one's doesnt matter these happen to be high octane maps,
now look at the two sets of table information and most importantly the addresses, they are different thats because the roms store the high octane maps in different locations,
so if we were to wing it god only knows what information you would be changing, you might think you are changing the timing tables but you could be messing with the knock tables and that could lead to a big mess when you go to test the rom in your car, bye bye engine, so this has to be done right no guessing,

definition file 1
<table name="High Octane Fuel Map" category="Fuel" address="35bd"
<table name="Load" address="5b4c"
<table name="RPM" address="5b24"
definition file 2
<table name="High Octane Fuel Map" address="2abd">
<table name="Engine Load" address="5fa8"
<table name="RPM" address="5f80"
BarryC.

Postby cossie1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Well looks like we are stuck for a while then :(
cossie1

Postby BarryC. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:18 pm

cossie1 wrote:Well looks like we are stuck for a while then :(

dont loose faith it was the same for the CT9A guys when Ecuflash was first released for them, we will get there just takes a little time and patience and a bit of help from a code genius, :D someone will help us, I hope.
BarryC.

Postby cossie1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:20 pm

BarryC. wrote:

dont loose faith it was the same for the CT9A guys when Ecuflash was first released for them, we will get there just takes a little time and patience and a bit of help from a code genius, :D someone will help us, I hope.

Someone must have an xml already or atleast part of 1, otherwise how would they know that we can succesfully dump our evo 5 / 6 ecu's ?

Yes there is a rom file at the end of it, but without the xml there isn't a way to know it was 100% successful is there ?

Oh and slightly off topic, do you know if I can flash the evo 7 ralliart rom into an evo 7 GTA ecu ? The connections are different on the ecu it'self, and my mate didn't realise his car was a GTA as it now has a manual box in it :roll:. He only found out after buying the RA ecu. He went to fit it and his loom won't fit the ecu. He gave me the code from his std ecu and when I checked up, came back as a GTA.
Last edited by cossie1 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cossie1

Postby BarryC. » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:30 pm

cossie1 wrote:
BarryC. wrote:

Someone must have an xml already or atleast part of 1, otherwise how would they know that we can succesfully dump our evo 5 / 6 ecu's ?

Yes there is a rom file at the end of it, but without the xml there isn't a way to know it was 100% successful is there ?

Oh and slightly off topic, do you know if I can flash the evo 7 ralliart rom into an evo 7 GTA ecu ? The connections are different on the ecu it'self, and my mate didn't realise his car was a GTA as it now has a manual box in it :roll:. He only found out after buying the RA ecu. He went to fit it and his loom won't fit the ecu. He gave me the code from his std ecu and when I checked up, came back as a GTA.

I wouldnt think so M8,
you will have to rewire the RA ecu into the car shouldn't be too hard
get one of these :wink:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm
http://roadraceengineering.com/evo/part ... ess-02.jpg
save you hacking up the factory loom
BarryC.

Postby cossie1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 pm

BarryC. wrote:you will have to rewire the RA ecu into the car shouldn't be too hard
get one of these :wink:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm
http://roadraceengineering.com/evo/part ... ess-02.jpg
save you hacking up the factory loom

Will that fit the evo7 GTA loom ?
cossie1

Postby DubTech2 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 am

you have what looks like a timing map @ 01DEF (19x19) need to find the multipliers for the rpm and load scales.

also there is possibly some form of fueling map @ 018E3 (15x12)

I know this may not help too much at this stage, but I don't use openecu software, and have just stopped by to check the progress of the evo6 flashing (still none the wiser!)

if I find more details I will post, but it's a bit sketchy at the moment.

hope this helps a little.
DubTech2

Postby BarryC. » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am

DubTech2 wrote:you have what looks like a timing map @ 01DEF (19x19) need to find the multipliers for the rpm and load scales.

also there is possibly some form of fueling map @ 018E3 (15x12)

I know this may not help too much at this stage, but I don't use openecu software, and have just stopped by to check the progress of the evo6 flashing (still none the wiser!)

if I find more details I will post, but it's a bit sketchy at the moment.

hope this helps a little.

any little helps cheers :wink:
BarryC.

Postby Evodoc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 am

Guys, I don't know... just when I gave up I check back here to see that there is hope after all (and after buying a Evo 7 ecu... darn). Anyway in my spare time I found some info on the evo 6 and 5 roms. Use to get schooled by a guy in Japan. I will post what I have hopefully a little later BarryC.

B can I tell that is really some wonderful news. By the way could tell me how you actually were able to read out the rom please.
Evodoc

Postby gteclass » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:49 am

Ill give you a hint... the data will be very similar to the newer evos. The 2000 eclipse v6 rom i have been working on a def for has almost identical data as the 2001-2005 roms, just in different places.

Your fuel maps are at h18a8 and h19be

Your timing maps are at h1def and h1f5f

If you look at the definitions for the evo8 and find that place in the evo8 rom in a hex editor. The data you want in the evo5 rom is very similar. The x and y axis data is probably identical.

Good luck, and if this doesnt help feel free to ask questions.
gteclass

Postby BarryC. » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:52 am

excellent dude thanks very much :D
BarryC.

Next

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)