Car won't start to reflash it HELP!

Car won't start to reflash it HELP!

Postby idriveamr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:10 am

I really messed up, I uploaded the wrong rom to my ECU. And now my car wont start to reflash it. How do I get it to where I can reflash the right rom for the car again?
idriveamr

Postby Freon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:39 am

You may have bricked the ECU and may need to purchase a new one. You need to be careful about what you flash onto your car.

Does the car start at all? Or are you just having trouble reflashing a new ROM onto your car?

And please, do not crosspost or post your questions in other threads that have nothing to do with your problem.
Freon

Postby idriveamr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:34 pm

It cranks but wont turn over and start. Is there anyway I can reflash it with out having to start the car?
idriveamr

Postby evo400 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:47 am

What king of "wrong" rom ?

You had flashed another EVO9 rom or something else ?
evo400

Postby MR-EVO » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 am

I hope you backed up your Original ROM!

Because it contains your vehicle specific data like immobilser code etc...

All you need to do is write your stock ROM back - to do that you don't need to start the car - just turn the ign on...

ps. Version control is very important - I only make changes to my own ROM and I name every file I change differently...
MR-EVO

Postby radsdau » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Freon wrote:You may have bricked the ECU and may need to purchase a new one. You need to be careful about what you flash onto your car.

Given it's an EVO (I assume it's an EVO from your avatar) then it's REALLY hard to permanently brick your ECU. Colby once said words to the effect of "You could burn Mary Had a Little Lamb into your ECU and still reflash it afterwards" (or something like that).
The important thing is the immobilizer code; so long as you burn the same ROM version back in with the correct immobilizer code for your car, it should be happy.
I don't know how to help if you didn't back up your original ROM image / don't have the immobilzer code. Mitsubishi Dealer time I guess.
radsdau

Postby salex » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Check ECU unlocker by Malibujack, on aktivematrix.com.
You might be able to unlock your ecu using it.
Mitsubishi ECUs can't be bricked that easy. But you got close enough.
salex

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)