EVO8 MN191022 JM9641 P300codefix

Postby dudical26 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:31 pm

is it possible to compare these two maps and see what is different that gets rid of the p0300 code. Maybe this could help us get rid of any code we want???
dudical26

Postby edysdyno » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 pm

what exactly does the knok sensor filter do if it is change from the stock one >?
The only maps that I change so far are fuel and timing.....

Thanks edy
edysdyno

Knock

Postby mtcavity » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Knock is different for most models. In sum it is a value derived from many different aspects of engine dynamics. Crank angle, precise piston displacement, and volumetric efficiency are the major variables that really bring the final "knock equation" close to home. Most testing is done in laboratory setting, while they run every conceivable (and inconceivable) variable like fuel, ignition, and valve manipulation.

The major theme I got from reading about knock is that it is very crank and combustion chamber specific. The knock sensor in your car is an advanced way to protect the engine from a possible catastrophic event. The first time I personally ran into knock is when I spun a bearing on a b18 motor, but still left it in a "more reparable" condition than running it home (or garage) on a normal ignition table.

To extrapolate this theory from V8 tuning, specifically with port polishing and "doming" the valve side of the head (an excellent way of dealing with knock for any vehicle). We always were dealing with removing the causes of knock because there was no knock retard on modified stock cars unless you bought one aftermarket. It is not like we can snap our fingers and the knock gods forgive your engine. Therefore, we had to come up with extreme (but rather easy) measures to rid us of knock.

Knock is brought on by bringing your engine to the very thresholds of its limits (so feel happy, sort-a). Your goal is to figure how to raise the knock bar. Higher octane, shorter stronger rods and many other options are at your disposal.

BUT! I would not change your knock sensor filter, unless you are changing the engine to a different displacement where I would grab the stock knock map.

PS. ALTHOUGH! I turn my fathers Harley Davidson's off to tune it (dyno tune, and it still triggers knock for the data-logging), but then turn it back on for protection, even to race! (His motor can take it).

Anyone want to look at his programming software?…

It has built in dyno, horsepower calculator in the data-logging… It’s what got me into flashing.
mtcavity

Postby edysdyno » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:39 pm

mtcavity

Thanks for that extended information about the knock sensor filter and the meaning of a lot more. I tunned a lot of engines with diferent kind of computers such as haltech, microtech, aem and now taking this new system (for me) the flash for evo.'s. Since I have one I'm trying to get the best there is for tuning my engine. Since there are a lot of parameters that we can change in terms of tuning in the ecuflash program I just wanted to know in how many of them I could at least change to see any difference in the horsepower curve.

Haltech, microtech and aem are more easy for me to tunned. Ecuflash has a lot of things we can work with but we have to be very carefull what we touch there.

I really like a lot the ecutech program and also take now the oportunity to thanks the person who made it posible. The difference by only changing some paramenters make impresive horsepower advance. It would be best if there is like a manual to know what is for what in the parameters and what things can we change to optain the max of the engine. Well thanks once again for that info ......
edy
edysdyno

Previous

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)