flash

flash

Postby dmotorsevo9 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:03 pm

how many times i can donwload new setups or flashes to the evo 9 ecu, and somebody in this forum knows if is posible to do a dyno test to the evo 9 in 2 wheeler dyno ???
dmotorsevo9

Postby Newfoundlancer » Wed May 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Some people have varying opinions on how many times the stock ecu can be reflashed. Some say about 100. It depends on what areas of the memory you are changing, as the flash will only update those areas. So, if you modify the fuel maps on one flash, and the rev limiter on another.. then you can sorta count that as still only being 1 flash as it was in different areas of the memory. As for the dyno, you'll probably have to check with the guys in the Evo forums on Evolutionm.net. You'll have to see if your car has a drivetrain disconnect so you can release your drive shaft from the rear differential. That way, you can dyno the front wheels while the shaft spins freely and the rear wheels stay put.

I hope this information is accurate and helpful... it's info that I've picked up in my travels, so hopefully it's right. If not, hopefully the EvoM guys can correct anything I never got. As well, the EvoM boards have an ECUFlash section that may interest you.

Good luck!
Newfoundlancer

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)