Map needed for 2002 Airtrek Turbo

Yea.

Postby mtcavity » Sat May 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Yea, I used the 89970010 ROM to do the comparison for 89970017. The map addresses are the same up to the scalings; check it out in hex/DEC.

The base is EVO9 (unsure whether the Tomei ECU was read/open using EVO 9 kernel?)
They needed to use EVO 9 read method to pull the ROM from their vehicle.

Target AFR is 14.0 (not the normal 14.7)?
Maybe to keep the engine cooler at idle and cruise speeds or they are tuning in for some sort of injector/fuel system upgrade/anomaly by setting the “target” to 14.0. Just because it is set to 14.7/14.0 does not mean it WILL run 14.7/14.0. This looks to me, to be a closed loop tune.

Max wastegate duty at 127.5% (max is 100%)?
I “THINK” Tomei is tuning a different turbo that has 27.5% more potential than the stock setup. I do not know the setup of the Airtrek and only have the service manual for the Outlander XLS. In the world of mathematics, 127% makes sense and may apply to this. But overall am unsure of this.

edit- Found the right map, and only #1 map is tune-able.

Timing data are totally crazy?
Tell me about it. Don’t have an answer to why it is so aggressive with all maps set the same to defeat knock related/map switching.

I posted in General Discussion about this map setup. I think it is a very easy way to get around false knock/anomaly related Ignition Map switches. I overall feel the tune that Tomei applied is based off factory output, and the changes should reflect the upgrades they might have made.

I was interested in the MAF settings being very close to my Galants, and have been particularly interested in this particular ROM/Engine setup. So keep me posted if you find anything out. I will look into the ROMs ability to changed to an EVO 7-8 flash as soon as I get some quite time this week, but all those questions you asked have been itching my brain also…
Last edited by mtcavity on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mtcavity

Postby Evodoc » Mon May 28, 2007 4:00 pm

mtcavity could help me out I can't seem read this file even and I am using the developer level.
Evodoc

Good info

Postby FQ-Airtrek » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:36 pm

Mtcavity, thks so much for your responses.

Airtrek Turbo is a detuned EVO 7 GTA comes with INVECS-II Tiptronic gearbox. It has a smaller turbine TD-04, TMIC. On paper it can do 240HP on wheel dyno around 160-170HP. Its an AWD SUV! minus the ayc and acd.

Its no longer selling in the Asia market but there is a similar setup version in Europe called Outlander Turbo with manual transmission.

I guess the problem with Tomei tuned ECU is that the way its being configured. One of the requirement is to complete a form with the owner's input his/her car. But in most situation, the local tuner/supplier dont bother they just swapped the stock with the Tomei ecu (generic) which is the settings probably dont match the owner's car. Its a one to one swapped purchase policy. Owner of Tomei ecu will loose their stock ecu. Worst still if the ecu will have to be sent to Japan if require to be retune. Not to mention it bloody expensive.

I have tested Tomei ecu with Airtrek, some just doesnt perform as expected. Most owners are just happy with the speed and boost cut.

Keep us posted.
FQ-Airtrek

Postby monsta11 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 pm

The Tomei tuned ECU is a NASTY tune that relies on the knock contol of the ECU. They run a stupid amount of timing at peak torque and thats why can feel slower than stock- because it is!
monsta11

engine went kaboom after ecu flash

Postby klairtrek » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:11 pm

guys,

could anyone help me. :)
:D

after doing a few flashes with my airtrek, using the evo7/8 base maps. the car was running fine. after that i tried a map provided by a friend, it was running leaner & higher ignition timing. the car felt funny as if the revs were stuck.

on the same day, the timing belt gave way! my question is how come the ecu mods can trigger such a catastrophic result?

anyway, my since i had to have the engine valves changed, i popped in an evo 8 MR cam. must say. the results are impressive.

can anyone have a look at my ecu map, and perhaps help me out?

thanks
Attachments
read image when boom.hex
(256 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
klairtrek

Hi Klairtrek

Postby FQ-Airtrek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 am

Its most unfortunate to hear about your problems. I think you have been warned about jumping into ecu flashing in our local site. I dont think your problems were caused by ecuflash but lack of tuning knowledge and rushing into things. Big mistake, is when you think you can remap using another car mapping minus the know-how and necessary tools to measure the effects e.g. knocking, over boost etc, logger and necessary mods.

Your engine went boomed because of the broken timing belt (advisable to refit every 70K-80K km) and I think you must have probably rev pretty hard testing the new mapping and based on your map...boost settings were to the max 310psi and boost cut...overboosting...stock TD04 max 1.2 bar not advisable to doing anything more than 1.4bar not unless u have a big turbine, fuel injectors, fuel pump, FMIC etc...

There are plenty of probable causes prior using ecuflash. That's my 2cents.
FQ-Airtrek

Postby klairtrek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 pm

hey fq,

Thanks for the respond. i have flashed the ecu many times. i am also using a data logger to log the outcome after each flash. i try to be careful but i do not have the wideband monitor. i am getting

when the mechanic opened up the engine, it was noted that the water pump was in bad shape. i bought my car 2nd hand. it was the pump.

my car still boost at 1.1 bar to 1.2 max. even with the boost set at that level. anyway, i got the settings for the boost at the other forum.

anyway, the map that u have, is the current one i'm using in my car. i just lean out the map a little bit. what do you think?

are u still driving your airtrek?
klairtrek

Postby klairtrek » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 pm

fq,

do u have any xml definitions that are more complete. can u post them here?
klairtrek

datalogging file

Postby klairtrek » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:59 am

can anyone here take a look at my data logs?

i found out that my mechanic installed the wrong type of spark plugs while my car was serviced .

could it have caused the problems? my new mechanic told me that the old plugs replaced was shorter than normal...

my mechanic could have caused me unnecessary spending.. :wink:
Attachments
2007-06-28-100103.csv
(374 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
klairtrek

Sorry been busy

Postby FQ-Airtrek » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 pm

KlAirtrek, my suggestion switch your mechanic (wrong spark plugs???). I hope he pay for the damages.

I think by now you must have gotten yr car fixed and running well.

Peace...
FQ-Airtrek

Postby yee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks bro, his car problem already settle, and now he so happy with his car, but already wasted some $$$ !!!!! :( :( :(
yee

Postby klairtrek » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:58 am

thanks fq & yee.

my car had also had what i suspected was a fuel pump problem... i have sinced upgraded to a walbro fuel pump and the car is running great now.

thanks for all your suppport. by the way, just did a datalog session, my knocking is now very low , mostly zeros. and only highest figure recorded was 6 at about 6000+ rpm...

and dont worry, there was a mechanic present while we were doing the datalog..

i'm just glad my car is runnning back in good condition. now to see what i can do tto iit next..ahhahaha

once again, thanks guys
klairtrek

Postby silverstream » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:04 am

Hi klairtrek,

Noticed there's EGT too ! Does the Airtrek comes with stock EGT sensors for the ECU too ?
silverstream

Previous

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)