help roockyy

help roockyy

Postby chispaawd » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:19 pm

i am new whit the openecu system but not on tuning i am starting and i cant take off the rev limiter in standar need some help please anybody
chispaawd

Postby Freon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:46 pm

If there is a rev limiter map it should just work. Maybe someone more familiar with the EVO can help, but I didn't think there was any sort of secondary problem. Subaru's have a secondary problem where the drive-by-wire throttle closes at rev limit, so both the rev limiter and throttle map need to be fixed. I don't think the EVO has a DBW system, though.
Freon

Postby chispaawd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:27 pm

yes but my problem is whit the stop rev limiter i can not run the car on more than 5000 rpm on 1 gear how i turn off that
chispaawd

Postby jeff_ro » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:19 am

First you have to get the ROM contents from your car. Then you have to modify the Stationary Rev Limiter value from 5000 to your desired value (using Ecuflash is one way) - I changed mine to 7000, but 6000 is fairly good at launch, for a stock car. After you modified it, save it as a new file and write this modified file to your car. For reading/writing you may use the Tactrix cable (from Colby).
jeff_ro

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)