Valet MAP

Valet MAP

Postby Bonestock » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:18 am

Hi guys I know this is short notice but we just finalised the deal on our '05 EVO and are flying back to the USA to pick up the car. We have to ship it over to our duty station here in the UK. That means the car will be at the mercy of the dock workers and shipping guys. I really need some form of Valet MAP. I have the Tatrix cable, EVOSCAN and ECUFLASH already. Could someone help me with a MAP? I was playing with a stock ROM and I can set the stationary rev limit to 3700 and rev limit to 4k but I am unsure how to dial down the boost as far as it will go and give the car a 40 MPH speed limit. Is this possible :?:

TIA
Steven
Bonestock

Postby blackbichGSX » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Why don't you set the speed limiter to 70 km/hr this is right around 40 mph.
blackbichGSX

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:27 am

If you see a speed governor, you can change it. If you don't see one, you can't. That's really about it. Nothing really else to say. It should be pretty self explanatory.

As for boost, you can lower the boost target map or lower the wastegate duty maps, but the car will still reach "wastegate spring pressure" if floored. This is probably 7-10psi. I'm not sure on EVO's. Either way, you can't just disable boost just with the tune, just keep it much lower.

That's about all you can do. There is no magic wand to turn the car into a Tercel.
Freon

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)