EVO 7 JDM 99860002 ROM

EVO 7 JDM 99860002 ROM

Postby tango » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:58 am

does anyone have an xml for the 99860002? the detials of the car is ev07,jdm,manual,2001, internal ID 99860002. hope someone can direct me to the right direction.
Attachments
evo 7b.hex
(256 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
tango

Postby RallyCam » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:13 pm

RallyCam

Postby tango » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:30 pm

thanks man. by the way, on the link it said not to try it. do you know now if its safe to use it and upload to the car?
tango

Postby RallyCam » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:38 pm

tango wrote: on the link it said not to try it.
I can't see that anywhere.
It does say not to use the Rom file, as it's source is not verified/known, otherwise it's just a standard disclaimer, "use at your own risk", type stuff.
RallyCam

Postby tango » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 pm

if its just a disclaimer it should be fine right? if ever i do have problems, like car would not start, how do i go about it besides replacing the whole box? can i put back the original file i read and it should start?
tango

Postby RallyCam » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:04 pm

tango wrote: can i put back the original file i read and it should start?
Yes.
the basics of ECUFlash are well tested, the XML's are mostly fairly well documented/proven, it is pretty simple to get the basics correct (main fuel and ign maps).
The XML is like an index file, to tell you what each data point is relating to what ecu operation, and to convert it into some numbers that hopefully we can relate to easier.
Sure if it is wrong, you'll be changing something you shouldn't, or at least didn't want to, so untill you verify the changes, caution should be advised, hence the disclaimer.
RallyCam

Just being safe.

Postby mtcavity » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:11 pm

That is completely correct on the disclaimer deal, and please do not let my self-insecurity cause you to doubt that it works.

When I first started addressing Mitsubishi ROMs, I was more uncertain about the Eclipse and Galant XMLs. They were never disassembled for there maps, scales and values, in IDA, and only the EVOs were the main focus. While I went on doing comparisons of defined (disassembled) EVOs against Eclipse and Galant ROMs, I saw that no matter what vehicle ROM I was looking at had the same methodology of assembly. All this happened many months ago, and have had no posts or messages saying that anyone has had trouble with the XML definitions.

I, like you am very worried about ruining my car because of some bonehead offering bad advice or info.

So what I advise is do a ROM pull on your vehicle. Once you do a pull of the factory ROM try to do a TEST FLASH to see if communication is still copasetic (with the STOCK ROM you pulled). If everything works well, go ahead and edit THAT ROM ONLY.

I do not like to use "ready make ROMS" and find them to be contradictive in the true nature of "tuning", and more in area of “making money". This is my opinion and if you do not have time to immerse yourself into ECU tuning knowledge and techniques, the “ready made ROM” might be a better decision.

JUST REMEMBER TO ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do a “test flash” before flashing a modified ROM.

If you want any more info or assurances feel free to ask me any questions that may concern you with any Flashing or editing.

Take care.
mtcavity

Postby tango » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 am

thanks mtcavity. can i email you directly if i have concerns in the future? am a newbie here. :)
tango

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)