Any way to tell if this map is USDM / EUDM / JDM?

Any way to tell if this map is USDM / EUDM / JDM?

Postby ghoonk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:36 pm

From my Evo VIII RS

Jestr is currently working on my ROM now, and I'm trying to learn more about how this works. He needed to create the definition file (what's that?), and I'm wondering if it as straightforward as opening the file that he will send me later in ECUFlash and then just uploading to the ROM

Also, I've been advised by some people to copy down the immobilizer code. Where can I find it in ECUFlash?
Attachments
evo viii mr rs gulf spec 2005.hex
(256 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
ghoonk

XML

Postby mtcavity » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Not sure on it origin, but looks aggressive enough to be from Japan. Here is an XML Definiton listed as Jap spec, if any new info comes along I'll change it.
Attachments
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO8 (MT) [97470001] - XML.rar
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
mtcavity

Re: XML

Postby nvr2fast » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 am

mtcavity wrote:Not sure on it origin, but looks aggressive enough to be from Japan. Here is an XML Definiton listed as Jap spec, if any new info comes along I'll change it.

"Aggressive"? In what way? Timing?
nvr2fast

$$$

Postby mtcavity » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:42 pm

There is a code of conduct as to how the mapping is compared to the region of the globe a certain vehicle is being produced and/or shipped.

One reason is that of warehousing all the mechanical repair parts and cost of operations based on regional economy. The USDM market for example is very expensive for dealership repairs due to warranty returns with the cost of operations and employees. If the car is originally from Japan it is “usually” less costly to cover repairs their, especially on top of the market sports cars. Therefore in a response to not get warranty repair costs to high in US, they employ a “more conservative” map to run the vehicle on a more “fiscally responsible mapping”. Hence OPEN ECU!

The second is that the car MUST perform well for the domestic market, and is generally the focus market that the manufacturer must appease.

While you might think this is getting shafted in an import market, the cost is to heavy to bear on most automobile manufacturers. BMW, AUDI, ACURA and most high end markets pull this malarkey. Although companies such as BMW do not pull it as often, having designs for import markets and that is why they stand out.

There has to be some corporate buffs on this site that could go into more detail.

I hope this helped.
mtcavity

Postby ghoonk » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:47 am

Thanks a lot! I've been passing the map around and the feedback has generally been that is it most likely a JDM map. That said, do you think I could run the RalliArt map for the VIII MR from http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1431?

I currently have a Walbro GSS342 255lph HP fuel pump, HPI open pod filter, HKS 2.75" downpipe, a 3" cat delete, and a 3" Blitz catback installed.

Thanks again for the advice :)
ghoonk

RA ROM

Postby mtcavity » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:52 pm

I am unsure on this question, I have little knowledge on the mecanical platforms of your vehicle and Ralliarts vehicle configuration.

I suppose that IF your vehicle and the Ralliart version share 2 details.

1-The input and output sensors are the same, using the same specs (voltage, ohms, psi/bar) to mesure the given variable.

2- The same mecanical configuration as each other, right down to any form of custom head work, manifold/turbo package, and any other feature that is distictive to a perticular model.

I perfer to tune the ROM pulled by ECU Flash, using small and well thought out changes to find the desired result. Applying another vehicles ROM, even thought from the same platform, could lead you to trying to get the car to run right than "tuning" for a desired effect.

Although applying individual ignition or fuel map copys are discussed all the time on this site, and would be simple to undo in the case of problems popping up.

Whatever you decide to do, let me know how it all turns out.

Peace and much luck.
mtcavity

Postby ghoonk » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:45 am

I already have a tune from Jestr - emailed him my ROM and list of mods and he emailed me a tuned ROM. No logs were sent.

Not that I don't trust his tuning, but I'm wondering what differences exist between the ROM that he did for me, and a RalliArt ROM, say from an FQ-340.

Worst case, I can always reflash the ECU back to the one he sent over, but since my understanding of definition files is fairly sketchy, I think the FQ-340 ROM might need some tweaking before I can load it up into my ECU. Or am I mistaken there?
ghoonk

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)