EVO9 problem with XML and boost level

EVO9 problem with XML and boost level

Postby bruno » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:24 am

Hi Guys ,

I have a little problem with my EVO 9 . A had a EVO 8 before and did a little remap with ecuflash. I had 1.7 bar pressure in overboost and 1.45bar up till 6000 rpm. This gave a nice 350hp an 460Nm on the dyno.

Now I tried my brand new EVO 9 but ecuflash doesn't seem to find a working XML description. That's why I just copied the changes I made on my EVO 8 into the mappings of the EVO 9 ( you'll find original file and my tuning file in the attachement ).

Unfortunatly the EVO9 had only 320hp and 430Nm with these mappings and boost levels don't go higher than 1.45bar ( overboost ) and at about 5000rpm I'm left with no more than 1.25 bar. I suppose the EVO 9 software must have a little bit of a different boost control than the EVO 8.

Could you look into my tuning file and maybe tell me what I can do to get more boost.

thanks to all

Bruno

Ps my car has no catalytic convertor and has a walbro fuel pump
Attachments
EV09.rar
(226.41 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
bruno

Postby evo400 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:16 am

First: The EVO 9 ECU size is 512Kbyte and EVo8 has only 256Kbyte!

Second: The max boost 1,45BAR in overboost and about 1,15-1,2BAR holding is stock boost on EDM 9 GSR 8)

So if you want try to post us your stock EVO9 rom and we can try to put some advice for you :wink:
evo400

Postby bruno » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:21 am

evo400 wrote:First: The EVO 9 ECU size is 512Kbyte and EVo8 has only 256Kbyte!

Second: The max boost 1,45BAR in overboost and about 1,15-1,2BAR holding is stock boost on EDM 9 GSR 8)

So if you want try to post us your stock EVO9 rom and we can try to put some advice for you :wink:

I have posted my original EVO9 rom file and my modified rom file in my previous post , you can download it ( just unzip it with winrar ).

The fact is indead that I don't get any boost on this car. And I wonder why , but I'm sure we'll find that out .....

regards
Bruno
bruno

Postby evo400 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:11 pm

bruno wrote:
evo400 wrote:First: The EVO 9 ECU size is 512Kbyte and EVo8 has only 256Kbyte!

I have posted my original EVO9 rom file and my modified rom file in my previous post , you can download it ( just unzip it with winrar ).

The fact is indead that I don't get any boost on this car. And I wonder why , but I'm sure we'll find that out .....

regards
Bruno

OK, i has made some mod for you :wink:

try my file in your car, and say me how it feels 8)
Attachments
EVO9_VETA.HEX
(512 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
evo400

Postby bruno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:10 am

OK thanks , I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone has a working XML ?

regards
Bruno
bruno

Postby bruno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:43 am

@evo400

I just went for a drive , but the car drives +- the same and the boost level stays unchanged ( 1.5bar overboost and then 1.25 bar ).

Could it be because I took out the little reduction in the flexible pipe tot the waste-gate ( a mod I also did on my EVO8 and which worked very well ).

regards
Bruno
bruno

Restrictor Pill

Postby Virdepax » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:15 am

Hey Bruno, i had the same problem. The problem has nothing to do with the map, but rather is a mechanical one. Basically the stock restrictor pill in the line going from turbo to the solenoid has too large of a hole. Therefore the solenoid is seeing a lot of pressure and is allowing more air through. You can either take the restrictor pill out, fill it w/ soder and drill a smaller hole through it using a #58 wire gauge drill bit, (or #60 if you're planning on running race gas type boost) or make your own restrictor pill. After doing this I tuned wastegate duty down to 50% in the maps and slowly increased it until I got the boost I want. As for the taper, you can increase the wastegate duty even more in the RPM's that you have taper. That should fix the drop you see. Also if you see a lot of spiking, you may want to reduce the values in your turbo boost error correction map by 25-50%. I hope this helps. If you need more detailed instructions w/ pictures, check out evolutionm.net and do a search for controlling boost using ecuflash.
Virdepax

Postby evo400 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:15 am

bruno wrote:@evo400

I just went for a drive , but the car drives +- the same and the boost level stays unchanged ( 1.5bar overboost and then 1.25 bar ).

Could it be because I took out the little reduction in the flexible pipe tot the waste-gate ( a mod I also did on my EVO8 and which worked very well ).

regards
Bruno

This mod should get you more boost and more Hp due better fueling and more advance.

On my car gets it about 1,65BAR peak 1,5BAR hold, and 1,35BAR at redline. My advance is more agressive so i got more power.

If your car makes not so much boost, you should find the problem. First try to compare your boost gauge to another, try to find some boost-leak, may be the dump-valve is not holding.

About the restrictor pill - i have it removed too, it helps to control overboosts (if removed)
evo400

Re: Restrictor Pill

Postby evo400 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:20 am

Virdepax wrote:Hey Bruno, i had the same problem. The problem has nothing to do with the map, but rather is a mechanical one. Basically the stock restrictor pill in the line going from turbo to the solenoid has too large of a hole. Therefore the solenoid is seeing a lot of pressure and is allowing more air through. You can either take the restrictor pill out, fill it w/ soder and drill a smaller hole through it using a #58 wire gauge drill bit, (or #60 if you're planning on running race gas type boost) or make your own restrictor pill. After doing this I tuned wastegate duty down to 50% in the maps and slowly increased it until I got the boost I want. As for the taper, you can increase the wastegate duty even more in the RPM's that you have taper. That should fix the drop you see. Also if you see a lot of spiking, you may want to reduce the values in your turbo boost error correction map by 25-50%. I hope this helps. If you need more detailed instructions w/ pictures, check out evolutionm.net and do a search for controlling boost using ecuflash.

Increasing values in the error correction table will cause very unstable boost, the way is let the pipes without restrictor to make possible very fast corrections with small amount. Trouble is in the system connection of this pipes. You need to let more air go out from the system, true the solenoid back to intake.
evo400

Postby ralliart » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:15 pm

evo400 wrote:

Where you have made some mods ???

The two roms are identical :?

Bruno, c'est normal que tu ne prennes pas de boost avec cette carto :D

@+
ralliart

Re: Restrictor Pill

Postby Virdepax » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:29 pm

evo400 wrote:Increasing values in the error correction table will cause very unstable boost, the way is let the pipes without restrictor to make possible very fast corrections with small amount. Trouble is in the system connection of this pipes. You need to let more air go out from the system, true the solenoid back to intake.

Agreed evo400, unless your boost is allready unstable. Then you need to play with these values a little, but be careful.
Virdepax

Postby evo400 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:54 am

ralliart wrote:
evo400 wrote:

@+

the are not identical :wink:

more load set
more advance set in High octane map 2
leaner A/F in high octane map
greater limit of max load
mods at vvt map

if you see no difference you should search some help
evo400

Postby bytestorm » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:37 pm

bytestorm

Re: EVO9 problem with XML and boost level

Postby DanielAustria » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:26 am

bruno wrote:Hi Guys ,

I That's why I just copied the changes I made on my EVO 8 into the mappings of the EVO 9 ( you'll find original file and my tuning file in the attachement ).

How can you copy this without a working XML, Bruno?

Which XML did you use EVO400.
And you have booth restrictor pills out?

Thanks Daniel
DanielAustria

Postby ralliart » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:46 am

evo400 wrote:
ralliart wrote:
evo400 wrote:

@+

the are not identical :wink:

more load set
more advance set in High octane map 2
leaner A/F in high octane map
greater limit of max load
mods at vvt map

if you see no difference you should search some help

Ok now I see :!: