So where do you get ROM's?

So where do you get ROM's?

Postby sczccrx » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:41 am

My friend and I are trying to get this Tactrix to work with his 06' Evo. I am guessing we will need some type of base map to work from then upload it to his ecu, like my zdyne for my honda. My question is where do you get the base maps? The program download did not come with any. Maybe I am missing something, could you guys please fill me in.

Thanks.
sczccrx

Postby Cabal » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:32 am

I would start by downloading the rom in his ECU currently, both for safe keeping as well as studying. OS ECU roms has some Evo stuff, both stock and modified.
Cabal

Postby sczccrx » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:49 am

So to download the current rom do I need one of these immobilizer codes I have read about? Do I need to change the options from begginer?

Thanks.
sczccrx

Postby Evo4Mad » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:22 pm

that subject line worries me, you can't just plug in random maps and expect your engine to survive :) you need to datalog your vehicle and safely tune out points in your fuel and ignition maps to suit YOUR vehicle. You could download other maps for learning purposes though. check the specific forum category for maps. I have even seen a standard ralliart rom show insane amount of knock on the datalogs. it all depends on your engine condition and mods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitsubishi EvoScan OBDII DataLogger Software, Check it out!

1996+ Mitsubishi Evo Workshop CD Manuals avail, pm me.
Evo4Mad

Postby sczccrx » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Really?? I know that man, he is getting a wideband shortly and we'll probably ending up just using evoscan for logging. I just wanted to get the feel for the software, it is alot different from the zdyne software (probably because it's free), but we couldn't even get a map loaded into the program.But now I have found some that load. Anyhow thanks for the warning
sczccrx

Postby SilverBack » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:20 pm

sczccrx wrote:Really?? I know that man, he is getting a wideband shortly and we'll probably ending up just using evoscan for logging. I just wanted to get the feel for the software, it is alot different from the zdyne software (probably because it's free), but we couldn't even get a map loaded into the program.But now I have found some that load. Anyhow thanks for the warning

:roll:
SilverBack

Return to Mitsubishi (all models)