Need def. for A2ZJ710J and A2ZJ500J

Need def. for A2ZJ710J and A2ZJ500J

Postby itp » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:07 pm

I really need to learn XML write. I tried editing the stock rom with ecuedit and enginuity with good and bad results. I first updated to A2ZJ710J from A2ZJ500J with no issues. I reflashed the car with ecuedit after simply adjust the desired boost tables and max. wastegate duty. It gave me a cel with a P0605. something like "Internal control module read only memory". Then I tried enginuity with the same results. Apparently neither one of them have proper defs. Reflashed it with stock rom and it was fine.
Someone give a brother a hand. Please
itp

Postby Freon » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:08 pm

Did the car even idle correctly?

Most likely you need to do the checksum fix. The newest Enguinity has a checkbox for this. Just check the box and save your ROM and that rom is now fixed forever. You can then use either program to edit from then on.

Here is a 710 (AJ243, latest Subaru release) that is stock with just the checksum fix, nothing else changed:
http://freon.shackspace.com/car/ecu%20a ... kfixed.bin

Try applying some small changes to that and flashing it.
Freon

Postby itp » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:31 am

I downloaded the newest wxl's from enginuity last night and found out about the checksum fix. Im going to try it later today. Im sure it will be just fine. Thank you very much anyways.
itp

Return to Subaru (all models)