Aus 2004 Liberty GT ROM - with surging problem......

Aus 2004 Liberty GT ROM - with surging problem......

Postby sconno » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:24 pm

OK, Subaru have been trying to fix by LGT for about 16 weeks, and they have told me that the ROM "has" been upgraded.

I have downloaded the file, ECUFlash did not recognise the ECU model, I was hoping that someone here can help me fix this surging under 50% throttle loads.

I also have logged some runs up a a hill from my house on the highway if this helps.
Attachments
EW9650 AUS 2004 Liberty GT.hex
2004 Australian Liberty GT.
(512 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
sconno

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:41 pm

surging?
like a bucking under medium throttle at lower RPMS?
could this be the infamous USDM LGT stutter?
05GarnetLGT

How do I fix it.... Please?

Postby sconno » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:36 am

Someone must know how to fix it then. I have been waiting for Subaru for 16 weeks. They have had the car four times and it always comes back the same.
sconno

Postby zigzagzok » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:20 am

05GarnetLGT wrote:surging?

sounds like a e-throttle issue :cry: sigh.. why cant they stick to cables..
had that problem with my volvo s60...
zigzagzok

You're Screwed

Postby Metal2You » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:14 am

If you go over to legacygt.com you can find lots of people there with the same issue, which Subaru says is not a problem, even tough they have a "fix" for it. Subaru's "fix" is to reflash the ECU with what I assume is a different map.

Many people have reported that the stuttering/surging goes away for a few weeks with a reflash of a new map, but then it comes back (even Cobb and TDC maps).

This makes me think the adaptive capabilities of the ECU are what is causing the problem. You drive slow to let the car warm up or because you're in heavy traffic and then you can never drive it fast again.

Once the ECU has adapted to the old lady driving style, it knows you would never want the turbo to spool up in the 2000-3000 RPM range, so once that starts the ECU retards the timing. Retarded indeed.

If we can find a way to hack the ECU so it accepts the map's setting and never makes its own adjustments then we might actually be able to solve the problem.
Metal2You

Postby Metal2You » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:17 am

05GarnetLGT wrote:surging?

Does the Japan/Canada Legacy not suffer from the same problem? If so that could help point us in the right direction for a solution.
Metal2You

Return to Subaru (all models)