Succesfully flashed a 06 WRX today!

Succesfully flashed a 06 WRX today!

Postby Nuked » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Today I succesfully flashed my friends 06 WRX with my stage 1 flash. Had an issue with the xmlwrite generated xml. It did not have the flash method in it, so I fixed that and it worked like a charm.

Raised boost to 14psi tapering to 11
Adjusted OL/CL tables
Adjusted Throttle vs RPM table
Added a little timing
Leaned it out some on top, added some fuel down low.
Raised fuel cut
Raised Rev limit

I was a little weary of changing the throttle mapping, but after she drove the car was very impressed. Said it felt much more sportier and more responsive.

Jason
Nuked

Re: Succesfully flashed a 06 WRX today!

Postby ev8siv3 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm

Nuked wrote:Today I succesfully flashed my friends 06 WRX with my stage 1 flash. Had an issue with the xmlwrite generated xml. It did not have the flash method in it, so I fixed that and it worked like a charm.

Raised boost to 14psi tapering to 11
Adjusted OL/CL tables
Adjusted Throttle vs RPM table
Added a little timing
Leaned it out some on top, added some fuel down low.
Raised fuel cut
Raised Rev limit

I was a little weary of changing the throttle mapping, but after she drove the car was very impressed. Said it felt much more sportier and more responsive.

Jason

Can you post your definition file and your updated map?
ev8siv3

Postby Nuked » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:57 pm

XML file
Attachments
A8DH200X.xml
(53.61 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
Nuked

Postby Nuked » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:06 pm

2006 WRX MT Nuked's Stage 1

Car is bone stock, no mods at all.

Raised boost limit (aka fuel cut)
Increased desired boost (13psi tapering to 10psi)
Increased Init WDC
Increased Max WDC
Leaned out High Octane fuel map apx 2-3% on top end (4k up)
Added Timing to base timing map under load conditions
Adjusted rev limit to 7200rpm
Adjusted OL/CL tables
Adjusted Throttle angle vs RPM to 05 STI settings

I feel this is a very conservative tune. The car def. runs much better all around. Logging showed no signs of knock at all, and AFR on the rich side. I am sure there is more on the table, but want to play it safe. No CEL issues of any kind, it really worked very well. All flashing and tuning done via EcuFlash and logged via Ecuexplorer with the 1.3m cable.

Jason
Attachments
vernmoded060906.hex
(1 MiB) Downloaded 756 times
Nuked

Postby err0rr » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:28 pm

I coppied over the relevent tables you mentioned into my ecu image
I got the cable primarily for logging, but I am very tempted to flash it back now, (bone stock 06 usdm wrx just like the one this was created for) I'm wondering if you have seen any issues with this map since you flashed it back to your friend's wrx. Do you feel confident that this is a reasonably safe setup to run? Do you have other experience runing ecu's ?
Are these all the same tables most tunes modify ? like a cobb image or something?
I really appreciate the xml defs & image you posted -- just kind of scared to experiement with my baby :D
thanks,

edit: also after updating all the tables and comparing the two image files I realize they are identicle files bit-for-bit.... soo what i did was useless, but I was under the impression the VIN was encoded into the flash image somewhere.... I guess this is not true at all ?
err0rr

Postby Nuked » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm wondering if you have seen any issues with this map since you flashed it back to your friend's wrx.

None.
Do you feel confident that this is a reasonably safe setup to run?
Yes. Very much so.

Do you have other experience runing ecu's ?

I have tuned with DSMLink and S-AFC tuning. I am by no means an expert.

Are these all the same tables most tunes modify ? like a cobb image or something?

Never seen a Cobb moded rom. I read thru a thread on NASIOC where they stated what changes they made to the 06 WRX. While it was not very detailed, I used that as a basis for my tuning.

I really appreciate the xml defs & image you posted -- just kind of scared to experiement with my baby :D
thanks,

edit: also after updating all the tables and comparing the two image files I realize they are identicle files bit-for-bit.... soo what i did was useless, but I was under the impression the VIN was encoded into the flash image somewhere.... I guess this is not true at all ?

I was afraid of this as well, but it seems that is not the case. I compared the rom I pulled from my friends car with one from here. Could not find a single cell that was different.

My suggestion is too flash it. Log the car, and if not satisfied with either the logs or driveability, flash back to stock.

Jason
Nuked

Postby EvoKid » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:02 pm

I downloaded the map and open it in ECUflash and none of the tables (fuel, timing, etc) would not come up.

Also, what am I suppose to do with the def. file.

Damn this suby stuff is hard, flashing my evo was eaasier. lol
EvoKid

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:23 am

will this software work with a 2006 RS that uses the drive-by-wire?

Postby Nuked » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:12 pm

EvoKid wrote:I downloaded the map and open it in ECUflash and none of the tables (fuel, timing, etc) would not come up.

Also, what am I suppose to do with the def. file.

Damn this suby stuff is hard, flashing my evo was eaasier. lol

you need to install the xml definition for your subby.

Jason
Nuked

Postby gabedude » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:20 am

Thanks Nuked. I will be getting my cable soon and try your Stg1 Rom.
gabedude

Postby m3n0ch3 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:01 am

Nuked,

I'm examining your mods right now and there are a few question popping up:

your desired boost is not 13psi but rather 15
why bring the closed loop max speed so low? to be in open loop the minute your cruising on the highway?

why rise the boot limit in low atmospheric pressure zone?? that's a bit dangerous dude, to rise it to 1.4 bar at std atmo pressure is fine but lower than that it's not too good.

please tell me what I missed because I really do not feel confortable with a map like this on a bone stock car.

There is also a mod in #FFB88 which is not tagged in the XML file, go a clue on this one?

thanks for the explanations.

Phil
m3n0ch3

Postby EvoKid » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Nuked, what octane gas was this map made for???
thanks
EvoKid

Postby Nuke » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:59 am

any update on this? anyone tried this map and how does it work for you?
Nuke

Postby Cabal » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:44 am

Nuke wrote:any update on this? anyone tried this map and how does it work for you?

I can't speak for the map in question, but I've been running this one and enjoying it. Different tuner and map, but the goals are comparable.
Cabal

Postby Tecla » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:10 pm

I ran Nuked's map for a couple weeks. It had no problems. I definitely prefer ev8siv3's versions though. The 50%+ throttle targetting max boost wasn't my bad, prefer something a little more linear. This map had higher boost targets and flowed a little more air, so presumably makes a touch more hp, I just didn't like the feel.

Overall the Stage 1 on osecuroms.org just felt a lot more polished to me.
Tecla

Next

Return to Subaru (all models)