Ecuflash will not connect!!

Ecuflash will not connect!!

Postby pippen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 am

Trying to get my Tactrix 2.0 cable to connect to my 08 STi on Windows 7 and it is becoming a nightmare. I have been trying to get this thing working for the past 5 hours and have gotten no luck. I believe I have narrowed it down to the cable and the drivers not cooperating with eachother although the device manager seems to think they are working fine. Here is a link to my RR post:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... 05#p102405

here is my RR log error

1492102 INFO [Thread-5] - J2534 connection not available, trying serial connection...
1492102 INFO [Thread-5] - Error sending init: Parameter portName must not be null or empty
1493103 INFO [Thread-5] - Trying new J2534/ISO9141 connection: Tactrix Inc. - OpenPort 2.0 J2534 ISO/CAN/VPW/PWM
1493109 INFO [Thread-5] - Tactrix Inc. - OpenPort 2.0 J2534 ISO/CAN/VPW/PWM is not available: J2534 initialization: PassThruOpen error [8:ERR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED], no devices available
1493109 INFO [Thread-5] - J2534 connection not available, trying serial connection...
1493109 INFO [Thread-5] - Error sending init: Parameter portName must not be null or empty

What is the flashing function on the cable terminal supposed to mean? So far it would appear to signify an error of some sort because if I remember correctly it did the little light show when it was working properly. The light show comes back after I uninstall the drivers, remove Ecuflash totally and then re-download and install WITH the drivers. I plug in the cable, it installs the drivers, and then bam.. blinking light and RR shows "sending" and then "unable to send ECU init".. Ecuflash simply just doesn't connect and refers me to error log which I don't know how to find that..

Anyone???
pippen

Return to Subaru (all models)