SELECTABLE MAPS WITH SI-DRIVE KNOB

SELECTABLE MAPS WITH SI-DRIVE KNOB

Postby amtech » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:10 am

Hi guys,
do you know if with EcuFlash or RomRaider is possible to have 2 different maps (different target boost,afr,etc) selectable via the SI-Drive selector like with Ecutek Racerom?
If so,how can I make it?

Thanks
amtech

Re: SELECTABLE MAPS WITH SI-DRIVE KNOB

Postby mporeda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 am

EcuFlash currently has no such feature.
mporeda

Postby amtech » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 pm

mporeda wrote:EcuFlash currently has no such feature.

Strangely I've seen somebody answering to another guy on RomRaider forum that setting 3 different boost maps selectable with the si drive is very easy... :|
amtech

Postby mporeda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:20 pm

It might be easy, but I haven't researched anything about it, so you know more than I do. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that we don't have a built in feature to EcuFlash that automatically provides such functionality. If you can post a link to an article that describes it, I'd gladly check it out.
mporeda

Postby mporeda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing you were asking about.

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopi ... =25&t=8925
mporeda

Postby amtech » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 am

mporeda wrote:I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing you were asking about.

No,it's not. But also this feature you have found would be useful...
There is also another interesting feature that is the "knock sensor calibration".
Seems that Ecutek has all these functions. The one about the knock sensor is useful cause if you install different forged pistons you will get a different background noise in the engine and the knock sensor should know that.
The most important feature I would need is the one about the different maps selectable with the SI-Drive selector. Different maps means also having different boost target tables,ignition advance and I've heard that ecutek has also the possibility to have dedicated boost targets for any gear. It could be useful so you limit boost at higher gears...
amtech

Postby amtech » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 am

mporeda wrote:I found this, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing you were asking about.

No,it's not. But also this feature you have found would be useful...
There is also another interesting feature that is the "knock sensor calibration".
Seems that Ecutek has all these functions. The one about the knock sensor is useful cause if you install different forged pistons you will get a different background noise in the engine and the knock sensor should know that.
The most important feature I would need is the one about the different maps selectable with the SI-Drive selector. Different maps means also having different boost target tables,ignition advance and I've heard that ecutek has also the possibility to have dedicated boost targets for any gear. It could be useful so you limit boost at higher gears...
amtech

Return to Subaru (all models)