JDM version 8 STi: ECU bricked? ECU Alternative?

JDM version 8 STi: ECU bricked? ECU Alternative?

Postby AgentH » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am

So I bricked my ECU yesterday. It's a A4TE002B which equates to an 2003 STi.

I have an OP2 with the the latest Beta firmware on it 1.42.3150 but I was running the 1.42.2595 version of ECUFlash... I don't know if that has anything to do with it. THe sh***y netbook I was using has a bad USB connection (if you tap it, it looses connection) and blue screened on me in the middle of a flash. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: I was an idiot for using it... Anyways, ecuflash logged the following before comming up with an error message that said review the log:

• denso02_bootloaders_cmd_start (it spit this out 5 time)
  • kernel get version
  • interface close
  • interface close

I tried unplugging the battery and letting it sit for 5 min w/my foot on the brake pedal.... No change.

When things were OK and while flashing my ecu, I remembered the fans would stop cycling. While attempting to read the ECU or flash it now, the fans still cycle... Not 100% positive now that I think about it...

Onward:
Because this caused me to miss work today, I figure I should hurry up and get a new ECU. I have had no luck sourcing one state-side from the US and CA JDM importers... I'm now looking on Ebay.co.uk and found a couple ECU's. http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk tells me which ECU's are to which years of cars. However, How can I tell which ECU will work with my Version 8 Engine?

Thanks for your help.
AgentH

Re: JDM version 8 STi: ECU bricked? ECU Alternative?

Postby msspag » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Go to nasioc.com , forums, technical, 2.0L turbo, EJ207 info
msspag

Re: JDM version 8 STi: ECU bricked? ECU Alternative?

Postby AgentH » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Y? Has someone come up with a way to unbrick them? I have long since bought another used ECU. Talk about frustrating though! I'd love to unbrick that ECU so I have a spare.

I did find some information about unbricking, but I never got around to actually digging into it. At that time, I think I would be treading on uncharted territory, at least in the subaru ECU world. The processor/DSP/or MCU has been used in many different vehicles. And I think what I found had something to do with a bike or a watercraft (can't remember).
AgentH

Return to Subaru (all models)