Ecu WRX 2000 JDM

Ecu WRX 2000 JDM

Postby feelsti » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

Sorry for my bad english.
do not delete this post please, I understand very little English, and I find it hard to find information via search.
My name is Roman, i am from Russia.
I take Imoreza WRX Wagon from Japan (GGA-003042) right-handed/
Them i am install some goods (blow-off, exchaust,fuel pump walbro and more litle upgrades)
After that my car was going worse, I think that the mixture has become oversaturated with air. Poor mixture.
In my country, only three places do chip tuning, and all three places are very far from me.
I decided to try it yourself but the Russian-language forums, so there is no information.
If you tell me step by step what should I do, I'll be very good.
feelsti

Re: Ecu WRX 2000 JDM

Postby Wiretap » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm

If your blow-off valve does not return the air back to the intake piping, this could be your issue.

If you have changed piping where MAF sensor mounts, this could also be your issue.

Change these back and tell us what happens.

Also: Your English is quite good, do not worry about it.
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Wiretap wrote:If your blow-off valve does not return the air back to the intake piping, this could be your issue.

Yes, my blow-off valve produces a cool sound, dropping the air out :)
but as far as I know, it threatens only to enrich the fuel mixture. When I let go of the accelerator, I hear clapping in the catalyst.
Wiretap wrote:If you have changed piping where MAF sensor mounts, this could also be your issue.

No. I changed only the portion of the exhaust, which, after the sensor. I think it's called the middle pipe and low part (pipe and drum loud at the end of). All sensor still there, like in factory.
Wiretap wrote:Change these back and tell us what happens.

I recently replaced the blow-off valve to the standard plant, which sends the air back into the intake. The car did not go better. I think the problem in the exhaust.
If I understand the theory, such an exhaust, which I did not create obstacles to the removal of gases from the engine, as did the standard factory silencer. As a result, the turbine is spinning more, and the mixture obtained is rich in oxygen.
You still think that I was not going to help edit the firmware ECU?
Wiretap wrote:Also: Your English is quite good, do not worry about it.

Thank you friend, I signed up to the tutor to communicate freely on your forum with you :)
feelsti

Postby feelsti » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjkDKEHFHU
This is a video with me, here the standard exhaust and HKS blow-off valve. I just love this sound :)
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

feelsti wrote:
Wiretap wrote:If your blow-off valve does not return the air back to the intake piping, this could be your issue.

Yes, my blow-off valve produces a cool sound, dropping the air out :)
but as far as I know, it threatens only to enrich the fuel mixture. When I let go of the accelerator, I hear clapping in the catalyst.
Wiretap wrote:If you have changed piping where MAF sensor mounts, this could also be your issue.

No. I changed only the portion of the exhaust, which, after the sensor. I think it's called the middle pipe and low part (pipe and drum loud at the end of). All sensor still there, like in factory.
Wiretap wrote:Change these back and tell us what happens.

I recently replaced the blow-off valve to the standard plant, which sends the air back into the intake. The car did not go better. I think the problem in the exhaust.
If I understand the theory, such an exhaust, which I did not create obstacles to the removal of gases from the engine, as did the standard factory silencer. As a result, the turbine is spinning more, and the mixture obtained is rich in oxygen.
You still think that I was not going to help edit the firmware ECU?
Wiretap wrote:Also: Your English is quite good, do not worry about it.

Thank you friend, I signed up to the tutor to communicate freely on your forum with you :)

If the blow-off valve is not staying shut under vacuum it will run lean.

The MAF sensor is in the intake, not exhaust

MAF sensor:

Changing the exhaust should not cause the leaning, We have lots of JDM cars here and do not have such a problem.
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Tue May 01, 2012 12:41 am

Wiretap wrote:If the blow-off valve is not staying shut under vacuum it will run lean
The MAF sensor is in the intake, not exhaust
Changing the exhaust should not cause the leaning, We have lots of JDM cars here and do not have such a problem.

I just checked it out, I wore a condom on the valve to make sure that no air pulls when not needed.
The condom is inflated at the flies away to an unknown destination soon as I let go of the accelerator, raising up to 6000 RPM.
MAF sensor, I have not touched, looked at your photo. As much as I did not set the cold intake (in Russia we call this filter is zero resistance). MAF sensor is then left in place.
I think it's because of the exhaust, because I began to notice a decrease in power just after installing a new exhaust.
So you think that it is not in the firmware?
So I can install the tuned parts and not worry about the firmware?
Or do I still need to flash?
I was planning to put a turbine Garrett, and now I do not know but is it worth. Suddenly everything becomes even worse: (
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 pm

It sounds like you may have a mechanical issue. You CAN tune out the issue, but if it's mechanical you're better to get rid of that first so you can take best power.
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Do you think the problem in the valve?
I have another one, brand new valve is not HKS. I'll put it and write you changed anything.
Maybe I need some kind of production equipment for testing?
Sensor readings mixture, exhaust temperature, pressure turbine? Or is it too much?
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 am

If you have the factory valve, and that doesn't fix it, then it won't be the valve.

All turbo cars should have a Boost gauge, your car should be producing 1.1-1.3 bar of boost.

If you decide to tune it, many places will do tuning over the internet.
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Wed May 02, 2012 3:45 am

Yes, I was the factory valve, and I installed the exhaust. After installation, the exhaust has to pull the worst ....
What i need to edit ECU firmware?
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Thu May 03, 2012 4:47 pm

You will need an OpenPort adapter and a WRX02 flashblock connector.

You will need the latest ECUFlash software and definitions from romraider.com
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm

this is it?
answer, I understand, I need this thing is

http://ecutools.ru/chip-tuning-equipment/openport-2/

i will translate this text for you (google trans.)
Openport Adapter 2 is designed to reprogram the a / m Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Ford and other supporting CAN and J2534.

Openport developed by the American Tactrix Inc. to work in conjunction with software designed to EcuFlash reprogramming ECU firmware and editing to be installed on cars Mitsubishi, Subaru and others as well as third-party software support work on the protocol J2534, which makes it indispensable in carrying out works on a chip tuning cars of domestic and foreign production and perhaps the most accessible to date, the adapter supports CAN.

Tested to work with the following software products: Combiloader by SMS-software; Chiploader by Chipsoft; Openbox by Roy; MMC Flasher by Bruce Willis; Toyota Techstream!

Warning - this is not a clone! We supply only original products proizvostva Tactrix Inc. Every buyer is guaranteed trouble-free upgrade to all new versions of software, including beta.

Technical characteristics

32-bit processor production ARM (frequency of 72Mhz)
Support USB 2.0 full speed
Ability to update firmware
Support for the following OBD-compliant protocols:
CAN 2.0 (CAN/ISO15765)
K-line (ISO9141/ISO14230 (KWP2000) / dual K line)
J1850 (PWM / VPW)
J2534, PassThru mode support with Windows DLL
Built-in data logger with the ability to record onto memory cards microSD / microSDHC
Built-in Multiplexer
Support for receiving data logger from the equipment through the Innovate Motorsports 2.5mm connector
Scope of supply:

Openport 2.0 Adapter
2001-2002 WRX Reflash Connector
2003-2005 WRX Reflash Connector
Mitsubishi Reflash Connector
The USB cable
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Sat May 05, 2012 12:52 pm

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?page=s ... &Itemid=53

This is the same device. Select WRX01-02 from the dropdown on the right.
Wiretap

Postby feelsti » Sun May 06, 2012 11:02 am

now i have some doubts...
are you shore that ECU from my car will be flash?
why bin select box was not WRX00-***
my WRX 2000 year Image

what is this dont work...
feelsti

Postby Wiretap » Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm

It will work. In the USA they were only 01-02, in Japan they were 00-02. Americans don't believe there are differences, but it will work.
Wiretap

Next

Return to Subaru (all models)