n00b need help

n00b need help

Postby gurguration » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi. I just got vag cable myself from ebay.
I discovered that my car legacy b4 rsk jdm ecu supports only basic parameters. Like Coolant temperature, Throttle position etc.
I want to see IAM, FLKC, A/F, Engine load, do maf scaling, because I have CAI installed.

I've seen some people managed to tune this ecu with os tools. Change ignition maps, make a/f adjustments etc. I need help. Please if someone is able to teach me how to make logger definitions, find addresses where to log. Take dump of rom and find out if my rom is writable... If someone is able to help me find some answers It will be very much appreciated. TIA
gurguration

Re: n00b need help

Postby radsdau » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 pm

ROMRaider is the way to fly. Otherwise you might have some luck with ECU Explorer.
For tuning use ECU Flash, but you'll need to buy an OpenPort2.0 cable.
radsdau

Postby gurguration » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 pm

radsdau wrote:ROMRaider is the way to fly. Otherwise you might have some luck with ECU Explorer.
For tuning use ECU Flash, but you'll need to buy an OpenPort2.0 cable.

The problem is as it seems my ecu definitions aren't full.
I can't read from ecu more than 10 parameters and only few among them only useful.
I want to see full list of parameters. STFT, IAM, Fine learning etc.
I don't have engine load neither. Nor I can re scale my MAF and it's huge problem for me since I have replace maf twice already. And it's getting $$@##! for me. I can't revert to stock.
Have EL headers, custom up-pipe also and slightly increased boost from 0.9 stock to 1.1 bar.

Without tune my cars gonna die slow and painful death. I had it happend twice already :roll: rebuilt engine last time did it myself :roll:
:oops:
Even If I were to afford ecutek nearest dealer is 3000KM away.
:| :|
gurguration

Postby radsdau » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Which ROM code or SSM ID does your car have? And where are you? You should never have to revert to EcuTek- there are far better and cheaper solutions available.
radsdau

Postby Sasha_A80 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 pm

It's hard to believe that OP2 is useful for JECS\Hitachi ecu installed.
Sasha_A80

Postby gurguration » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 am

I took the piggy-back route.
I have ordered Emanage gold w/t Innovate UEGO controller and GM 3 bap + boost solenoid.

I don't know which ecu is mine. I think it's jecs because I've heard densos are used in 2001+ models.
:(

Thank you guys. I'm still trying to find definitions for datalogging. Looking for fuel trims, IAM, knock correction.
gurguration

Postby Wiretap » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm

What is your car's applied model code? Is it a BE5D or is it A, B or C?

Revision D (BE5D) can be tuned once updated to the most recent map. A4SHC01H (5MT) or A4SHC01G (4EAT).

Please pull the ROM (use the WRX02 method) and post it up here. I will see if I can determine the type for you and I'll post the correct ROM and defs for your car :)
Wiretap

Return to Subaru (all models)