2002 WRX Remap

2002 WRX Remap

Postby SubarN00b » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newby to Subaru's, but have plenty of experience with re-calibration of other OEM ecu's and aftermarket managment.

A friend of mine wants me to remap his factory standard 02 Impreza WRX, so Ive just bought the Tactrix OP2 and associated adaptors. A couple of questions:

1) Editing: Ideally i'd like to edit in winOLS as i'm proficcient with this software; does anyone have a map-pack for this ecu? If not, im guessing ECUFlash and a def file from this forum is going to be best bet?

2) Does ECUFlash offer checksum correction for a modified file? Or does the OP2 correct on writing?

4) I see the tool can log via microSD...im presuming there is an mSD port on the tool?? And what data-logging software are you guys using to read the logs back?

5) Safe parameters: whats the widely accepted safe boost limit for this engine?

Many thanks in advance, :)
SubarN00b

Re: 2002 WRX Remap

Postby radsdau » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:12 pm

1. Sure, use whatever you like to edit the raw binary. WinOLS is great for that.
2. ECUFlash auto-corrects the checksum; I'm not sure when it's done though, on open, save, or reflash. It'll be pretty obvious after a reflash though.
4. OP2 has a uSD slot and yes you can set it up for standalone data logging. There are a couple of threads in this forum devoted to that. You may have to find your own datalog viewer, but perhaps ROMRaider will work? Never tried it.
5. Can't answer that one sorry.
radsdau

Re: 2002 WRX Remap

Postby SubarN00b » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 am

Thanks for your reply :D
SubarN00b

Return to Subaru (all models)