Extract Hump form a PAK-file ?

Extract Hump form a PAK-file ?

Postby Jochen_145 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:48 am

Hey,

does anybody know, woh to extract the up-date dump from a SSMIII- up-date PAK-file ?

The PAK-file itself got a size of 3,5MB, so it is too big to have just the update dump inside.

Reading with a hex-editior shows non of the typical parts of the ECU-dump, so the PAK-file must be crypted or what ever..

So, are there solutions to de-cryted the file and make the hex-dump inside visual ?

BR
Jochen_145

Re: Extract Hump form a PAK-file ?

Postby Jochen_145 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:11 am

So, are there solutions to de-cryted the file and make the hex-dump inside visual ?

Still looking for someone who is able to extract a dump of a Subaru PAK..

Does anyone is able to allready ?

AFAIK the posted dumps of "TurbO" are based on extraction of PAKs because in first stap the first 16kBit are missing.
But no chance to reatch this user..

BR
Jochen_145

Re: Extract Hump form a PAK-file ?

Postby passik » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:46 am

Hello! I from Russia, so sorry for my english =) I have an idea of how to extract ROM from .PAK, but it needs some debugging skills for testing, that i don't have...
We need some stock ROMs downloaded from dealer-updated cars ECUs as etalon for comparing. Then we need to execute SSM software from ollydbg, choose flashing device(i think we should try old SSM way that have "Remote" button there), choose .pak file that should have the same CID as one of our etalon ROMs. I think, sooner or later after we enter "Decryption keyword", the .PAK file will be decrypted in RAM. So we need to search in RAM for sequence exactly matching our etalon ROM. If we find decrypted file in RAM, we will know address, where any other ROM will be after decryption. It will be enough for me, but maybe someone can even extract decryption algorithm from there... Please, somebody try this! I don't know asm at sufficient level...
passik

Return to Subaru (all models)