sms tuner

Re: EDM Legacy 3.0 XML Needed

Postby sms tuner » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Bump
sms tuner

Postby radsdau » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Sorry- haven't seen that.
You can do this on your own if you want. Try hacking an xml from a similar vehicle, and see how close the maps line up. You should be able to adjust the addresses in the xml. Find yourself as good hex editor, like TinyHexer (www.mirkes.de).
It's all pretty much follow by example.
Good luck!
radsdau

Postby sms tuner » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Dear radsdau,
Thank you for your replay. in fact i did,. and i manged to open the file but, the RPM Axes where totally wrong. Bear in mind that i am not a Hex Fanatic and know just so little about it. i wish that you can assist me here and i would really appreciate it.

Regards
sms tuner

Postby radsdau » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm

sms tuner:
It appears ROMRaider already has defs for this, so it's going to be pretty easy. I've made a start for you, which seems to work (see attached).
The rest is up to you; download the latest ecudefs from ROMRaider.org and copy-paste the addresses across. Or if you're so inclined, write a script to do the hard work for you. (if you're only doing the one def, it's probably quicker to do in manually).
All the best.
radsdau
Attachments
D2TB201R.xml
D2TB201R Partial Def
(16.62 KiB) Downloaded 806 times
radsdau

Postby sms tuner » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Dear radsdau,

I sent you a PM. Please advice

Regards,

Husam
sms tuner

Postby sms tuner » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:48 am

Gents,
Anyone can help here please.
sms tuner

Postby sms tuner » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Bump

Someone please. Anyone
sms tuner

Postby radsdau » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

sms tuner wrote:Dear radsdau,

I sent you a PM. Please advice

Regards,

Husam

No PM received... ?
radsdau

Postby sms tuner » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Radesu,
My PM to was regard the help of cracking my file and make an xml file to allow me to open and tune the file. i just motioned in the pm that i will have no problem if u want to charge a fee for that to make it worth while for u.

Also, i would like to know more about making XML Files and how to make them. just one step at a time.

Thank you for your respond and i would really appreciate it if you can help here.
sms tuner

Postby radsdau » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Husam- thanks for the offer. I really just can't afford the time to do this sort of work, even in my time off- too many things on simultaneously.
Here's some advice to get you going with generating XMLs.
* Get a good hex editor; TinyHexer is what I use.
* Follow by example as much as possible. Find a ROM that is as close to yours as you can find. Most of the time, the maps will be similar, but offset by a small amount; you can sometimes just 'match' similar looking maps up.
* Subaru maps are referenced by a lookup table, that defines the address of the x-axis, y-axis, data table, and the size/type of the map. Often the best way is to work back to the lookup table from the 'known' ROM def, then find a similar looking entry in the 'new' rom. The addresses then translate directly across.

Because there is a fair bit of time and effort involved in this, you will want to restrict which maps and data you define to the ones you think you will actually need. Also there is trial and error involved here, obviously. The method I use is not an exact science.

Alternatively you can wait for someone to make a full def for you. I hear that some people, perhaps even Colby, may be working on a semi-automated def generator for Subaru, which will be handy, at least as a starting point.

Good luck.

radsdau
radsdau

Postby sms tuner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Radsdau,

I would like to thank you for your help and support. i just downloaded the Tiny Hexer. now, i opened one of the XML files and i can see the tables and descriptions. but, i also opened the Hex file i downloaded from the car and the tables letters are not readable. can you please walk me through it one step at a time.
Greatly appreciating your help here.
sms tuner

Return to Subaru (all models)