Car wont start now

Car wont start now

Postby edogg6565 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:57 am

I reflashed my 03 wrx for my new upgrades and it ran fin for about 3 hours. Then I was on my way home and the car died and wouldnt start. The fuel gauge reads empty even though it is full and the temp gauge goes all the way hot even though the car is cold. When i pull the key out of the ignition the fuel pump starts thumping like its cutting on and off real quick. I have changed the main and fuel pump relay, I have checked all the grounds, and have no clue what else it could be. Could it be a bad flash? Or ecu gone bad? Any help would be great
edogg6565

Re: Car wont start now

Postby radsdau » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 pm

The symptoms you describe sound like an ECU crash. This may be because some of the maps you have changed are out of range, and cause an exception, such as a divide by zero. If such an exception is unhandled, the behavior is undefined. It could be a bad flash, but unlikely, if the car ran at all.

Also, did you leave the flash enable connector plugged in? If the ECU crashes, it is (remotely) possible it can overwrite data if this is left on.

Try unplugging the ECU for a few seconds then retry. If it works, but the maps back to standard and try again, more conservatively this time.

Let's hope nothing mechanical / electrical broke in the meantime!

radsdau
radsdau

Re: Car wont start now

Postby remapping » Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Very strange issue.
So, what's the result? :/
remapping

Return to Subaru (all models)