Unmarry = AT issues, How to backup ECU before flashing?

Unmarry = AT issues, How to backup ECU before flashing?

Postby Chronos » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 pm

My friend told me that after he unmarried his AP from his 05 WRX he experienced bucking when letting off the gas during normal driving and stalling issues. His AP was properly unmarried, and he said that sometimes the generic stock map the AP flashes to your ECU after you unmarry turns out to be a Automatic one, or something else that causes problems with the car.

1) Can someone please explain this, or what is going on? Or how to avoid this?

2) How can you use the Accessport/its cables to backup your current ECU so that you can flash back to your REAL original ECU maps after you unmarry your AP?
Chronos

Re: Unmarry = AT issues, How to backup ECU before flashing?

Postby ev8siv3 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:56 am

Chronos wrote:My friend told me that after he unmarried his AP from his 05 WRX he experienced bucking when letting off the gas during normal driving and stalling issues. His AP was properly unmarried, and he said that sometimes the generic stock map the AP flashes to your ECU after you unmarry turns out to be a Automatic one, or something else that causes problems with the car.

1) Can someone please explain this, or what is going on? Or how to avoid this?

2) How can you use the Accessport/its cables to backup your current ECU so that you can flash back to your REAL original ECU maps after you unmarry your AP?

It also sets the OL/CL stuff up all wack, just grab an 800F and load it up. Apparently c0bb likes using AT maps on all 04/05 AP's.
ev8siv3

Postby Freon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:43 pm

Well you can read your real, actual ROM image out before you even touch the AP to your car. You now have a real, true backup of the ROM. You can then flash with your AP, unmarry, then reflash your true original stock image back on. I'm pretty darn certain the AP does not read out your original image before its first flash. It just has one stored for an unmarry, but it isn't necessary the exact one that was on your car.

Make sure you unmarry your AP before you use the openecu flashes, or you will be unable to unmarry it (or so I assume, but let's not try to find out for sure!).
Freon

Return to Subaru (all models)