MY01 WRX Impreza 2.0 (AUS) [AF730-7574] A4SE700I

MY01 WRX Impreza 2.0 (AUS) [AF730-7574] A4SE700I

Postby brothelowner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Here is an untouched 192k ROM I got from an Australian 2001 WRX Bugeye Impreza 2.0.

I wondered if anyone could assist me in creating the XML definition etc.

I had a couple of questions as well...

Is the Euro WRX the same ECU type as the Australian WRX?

Is it possible to flash an A4SE700I with the A4SE900D ROM? (Jimbob UK has asked this question before.)

I have tried to read as much as possible on the subject, but am still unclear. What is the workflow you fellas are using?
cable+ecuexplorer+ecuedit? or cable+ecuexplorer+enginuity? or are you hex editing the rom?

any help you can provide would be of great assistance,

Thanks in advance,

BrothelOwner

Also thanks to Colby, Calvin, qoncept, epifan and anyone else I forgot who has made this shit possible.
Attachments
A4SE700I_cpu.zip
MY01 WRX Impreza 2.0 (AUS) A4SE700I
(83.75 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
brothelowner

Postby JimbobUK » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi BrothelOwner,

Wow! Just looked at your image... It's almost identical to my original 700D image.

The code segment is absolutely identical... There are about 700 bytes worth of changes between 700I and 700D in total. Probably regional mapping customisations (not looked in detail yet).

You can use my xml file for graphedit as the maps are all in the same locations...

Yes, I have put the 900D code onto my ECU to give it a try, and it works, but the std 900D image doesn't run my early '01 overly well... I'm sure there are some subtle mechanical differences between '01 and '02...

There is much more ignition advance in the 900D image then in the 700D images (yours has same trait as mine). I still don't have an answer to why.

What are you currently trying to achieve? Perhaps I can help more.

James
JimbobUK

Postby JimbobUK » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:53 pm

Just quickly compared all of the main maps that are known to me currently (fuel, base ignition, ignition correction, wastegate, boost targets, EGT)... They are all identical to my own std maps

Still haven't accounted for the 700 bytes of differences!

James
JimbobUK

The Champ is Here! The Champ is Here!

Postby brothelowner » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:41 am

Hi JimbobUK! You're a champ!

I really appreciate your assistance with this.

I had a look at the rom and it looks like you did a good job at finding the maps.

If you feel like helping out with more roms, you could go to the "WRX Other" forum area,
http://forums.openecu.org/viewforum.php?f=22
there are other AUS images there without XML files. (Since posting this AUS image in the EURO section I realised this other section had AUS roms in it.)

Cheers for the 900d on 700d hardware tip... what did it run like? I think there is a sensor added at some stage which the later model rom may be looking for etc. I am unsure of the differences between a 2001 and a 2002 model car, but I can ask my friend what he thinks were significant changes.

At any rate I am interested in tuning this rom and more recent roms once I have done some testing with this one. I have been analysing the different maps with my friend who has a workshop and knows a fair bit about wrx/sti cars. I understand what these maps refer to, but I am more or less the computer guy and my friend is the greasemonkey.

We have only had a quick look at the rom, but we are going to do some proper testing at some stage shortly. I will take the 2002 uk rom to show him the differences and I will let you know what he says in regards to the timing advances etc.

thanks again,

BrothelOwner
brothelowner

Postby JimbobUK » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:20 am

No probs at all Brothelowner!

Actually wrt finding out where the maps were in the 700 variants, They are (i think all) offset by 0x40 bytes from the 900 version... Hence found them quickly with a bit of hexing about back when I first looked at my 700 image.

Interesting what you say about the new sensor on 900 versions though..

And would be awesome if you could find an answer to why the 900 runs a far bigger lump of timing advance than the 700... If it was something simple mechanical then I would like to upgrade it and run the 900 code properly.

When running the 900 image on my car, the power delivery was not smooth at all when the turbo was spooling up... It wasn't boost spiking however as the pressure rose smoothly in the logs. It just felt wrong.

Please do let me know if you get an answer to this :-)

James
JimbobUK

Return to Subaru (all models)